Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

up to which distance works live streaming ?

Hello,

up to which distance works live streaming ?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: up to which distance works live streaming ?

Hello @guidoz216

Since the live stream feature relies on the connectivity between the camera and the mobile device through the GoPro App, it is safe to consider the Wi-Fi range of 35-50 feet as the maximum distance. For more details on live streaming, you can read through this article on getting started with live streaming. 

Cheers, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hello @guidoz216

Since the live stream feature relies on the connectivity between the camera and the mobile device through the GoPro App, it is safe to consider the Wi-Fi range of 35-50 feet as the maximum distance. For more details on live streaming, you can read through this article on getting started with live streaming. 

Cheers, 
Marius

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hi

Is it possible to increase the Wi-Fi range? I was trying to livestream to Facebook (kiteflying with friends), but actually it took me several minutes to notice that when I move further than 30 feet, there's no possible way to proceed.

Thanks

David

David Glines _ GoPro Kiteflying Member GoPro Stories essay writer

GoPro

Hello @brainsage

The Wi-Fi range indicated is ideal so there is no way to increase it further. It could be that there are sources of interference in the area where you were kite-flying. These could be surrounding trees, buildings, other electronic gadgets, and other source of Wi-Fi signal. To maximize the Wi-Fi range, it would be best to minimize the effect of such interference.

Best regards, 
Marius