Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

unable to preview videos on android app hero 8

I have dificulties to preview videos and photos on my app.
I also cannot upload my media to the cloud for some reason. I have tried few things but nothing works.
My app is updated to the newest version, same with my camera firmware.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: unable to preview videos on android app hero 8

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Could you tell us what's your device and OS?
You can check out that article about compatibility: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/GoPro-Mobile-Apps-Compatibility

Your media should automatically go up to the cloud, it does take some times. Check in your Settings > My Account > GoPro Plus. Check that Auto-upload is activated.
Try to log off/back in from your Plus Account.

How do you know that the app is uploading?
Once the [non-uploaded] files are in App Media, you'll see 3 behaviors:
- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with a tiny watch on the cloud, that means that the media file is QUEUED for upload.
- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with an arrow pointing Up, then that said media file is currently being uploaded to cloud
- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with an exclamation mark, then the upload sequence for that media file errored out, and it'll re-attempt once you access the app again.

- If there is a cloud symbol + a check it means on the thumbnail, then the file was uploaded to cloud.

Highlighted
Tourist

I am using Samsung Galaxy S10.

I tried to set up auto upload to the cloud but an error is poping out every time.

I am aslo unable to preview any media on my app.

Highlighted
GoPro

About GoPro Plus:
What error do you get exactly?
Are you able to see the contents when logged in to https://gopro.com/login via the computer's web browser? How about when accessed through your mobile device's browser?

You can't preview any media? Do you have a black screen?

Here three tips that could help with this Black screen problem
Tip 1 > Navigating away from the app and coming back to the screen
Tip 2 > Making sure in Settings that Animations are activated and Battery saver isn’t activated.
Tip 3 > Turning off Dev Mode / Setting up Display and Fonts size to default
Highlighted
Tourist

That's what I'm seeing when I want to see media preview on my app after several minutes of waiting

113486246_225667645186574_6251878161362989529_n.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @scottyes 

For connection issues, it’s best to reset everything because it could be a problem with the phone itself, the app, or the camera. 

Make sure you are running 6.17 - which is the latest version.

Firstly the phone:

- Restart the phone

- After phone is back on turn off/on wifi and bluetooth 

- Remove any GoPro connection from the wifi settings menu

- Remove/unpair any GoPro connection from the bluetooth menu

Secondly the app:

- Delete the camera from the camera chooser inside the app (long press on camera image)

- Clear cache from the app: go to settings - apps - GoPro - clear cache

- Kill the app and relaunch

Lastly the camera:

- Turn wifi off and on

- Turn camera off and on

Now for pairing the camera to the app:

- Put camera in pairing mode, turn wifi connection on or wireless connections on

- Open app and tap the camera icon

- At this point the app will try to connect over bluetooth and take you through the pairing process, follow all the instructions on screen in app

Note that -> Some phones and some regions require that the camera be in a 2.4GHz wifi band so you may want to check that as well. This has to be changed on the camera > Preferences / Connections / Bandwidth

- Once you are paired just make sure for future reconnections that the wifi is on in the camera and you’ll be all set

Hope this helps you.