07-20-2020 06:41 AM
I have dificulties to preview videos and photos on my app.
I also cannot upload my media to the cloud for some reason. I have tried few things but nothing works.
My app is updated to the newest version, same with my camera firmware.
07-20-2020 06:52 AM - edited 07-20-2020 06:52 AM
Could you tell us what's your device and OS?
You can check out that article about compatibility: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/GoPro-Mobile-Apps-Compatibility
Your media should automatically go up to the cloud, it does take some times. Check in your Settings > My Account > GoPro Plus. Check that Auto-upload is activated.
Try to log off/back in from your Plus Account.
How do you know that the app is uploading?
Once the [non-uploaded] files are in App Media, you'll see 3 behaviors:
- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with a tiny watch on the cloud, that means that the media file is QUEUED for upload.
- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with an arrow pointing Up, then that said media file is currently being uploaded to cloud
- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with an exclamation mark, then the upload sequence for that media file errored out, and it'll re-attempt once you access the app again.
- If there is a cloud symbol + a check it means on the thumbnail, then the file was uploaded to cloud.
07-20-2020 07:32 AM
What error do you get exactly?
Are you able to see the contents when logged in to https://gopro.com/login via the computer's web browser? How about when accessed through your mobile device's browser?
You can't preview any media? Do you have a black screen?
Here three tips that could help with this Black screen problem
Tip 1 > Navigating away from the app and coming back to the screen
Tip 2 > Making sure in Settings that Animations are activated and Battery saver isn’t activated.
Tip 3 > Turning off Dev Mode / Setting up Display and Fonts size to default
07-21-2020 01:59 AM
For connection issues, it’s best to reset everything because it could be a problem with the phone itself, the app, or the camera.
Make sure you are running 6.17 - which is the latest version.
Firstly the phone:
- Restart the phone
- After phone is back on turn off/on wifi and bluetooth
- Remove any GoPro connection from the wifi settings menu
- Remove/unpair any GoPro connection from the bluetooth menu
Secondly the app:
- Delete the camera from the camera chooser inside the app (long press on camera image)
- Clear cache from the app: go to settings - apps - GoPro - clear cache
- Kill the app and relaunch
Lastly the camera:
- Turn wifi off and on
- Turn camera off and on
Now for pairing the camera to the app:
- Put camera in pairing mode, turn wifi connection on or wireless connections on
- Open app and tap the camera icon
- At this point the app will try to connect over bluetooth and take you through the pairing process, follow all the instructions on screen in app
Note that -> Some phones and some regions require that the camera be in a 2.4GHz wifi band so you may want to check that as well. This has to be changed on the camera > Preferences / Connections / Bandwidth
- Once you are paired just make sure for future reconnections that the wifi is on in the camera and you’ll be all set
Hope this helps you.