Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

suggested mobile workflow for timelapse ?

given

1 IPadPro (IpadOS 13.6)

1 Gopro App 6.17

1 Hero7 black (FW 1.90)

how can I use my timelapse recordings.

I transfered them to the app ... and now ??

I cannot use them inside the app for a "story" ..

I cannot share them with another app .....

I cannot playback or transcode them .....

what does gopro recommend for using timelapse with the given environment ?!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: suggested mobile workflow for timelapse ?

Hello @bluewater86456. I'd like to gather a few more details to isolate the playback problem in the app. Are you getting an error message when trying to playback, edit, and share the video in the app? Could you please tell us your workflow?

When you download the TimeLapse photos into the app, you can stack the photos into a single video using the Multi-Clip Edit tool in the app; you can select all or just specific photos. To download them, tap on the media then select the photos you want to save and tap the Save to Photos icon at the bottom.

As for the TimeLapse video, the media is also in video format and can be managed similarly to other regular videos. When the media is downloaded into the app, you can edit/add it to your Multi-Clip Edit video, or download it to your local Photos folder.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hello @aenriquez .

to be more precise, I'm talking about timelapse photos only (everything else I got to work).

Downloading from my hero 7 is easy. It appears in the list as 1 icon = 1 video .

Then, after downloading, it appears as well in the medialist inside the gopro-app, as well as 1 icon .

BUT there is no way that I can add it to a story !

It either, not appears in the list of selectable clips , to be added , or vice versa, i can select it from the medialibrary but it will not appear in a new story.

I have just found an article at your supporthub-page :

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Create-A-Multi-Clip-Edit-in-the-GoPro-App/ta-p/388336

here it clearly says :

Unsupported Media Formats

• 360 Media
  • 4K 4:3 Video
  • Timelapse Photo or Burst Groups

Is this still valid , and if, how is your (gopro's ) suggested workflow then ?

I'm missing the "stack the photos into a single video" option anywhere in the goproapp , when i already downloaded the timelapse-photos !?

Doing as you have suggested it, creates a series of single photos inside the "photos-app" , but not a single video .... what did I wrong ?

Highlighted
GoPro

@bluewater86456, I see what you mean. When you capture using TimeLapse Photo mode, the camera will take a series of photos (given the interval set). When you download the media into the local Photos app on your phone, these files will still be downloaded as photos and not video.

If you want to create a Story out of these photos, you have to open the media, then select the photos you want and import them to Multi-Clip Edit.

The article that you mentioned is referring to the TimeLapse Photo media file when imported to Multi-Clip Edit from the APP tab as shown below.

Highlighted
Hiker

@aenriquez, thank you for your detailed explanation. I tried to follow every step as carefull as possible.

When doing so, I get a story which is more like an artistic slideshow of single frames .

What most of us have expected , is to use timelapse-photo as well as a fluently playing video, like it is, if we import it into another videoeditor (as sequence of frames).

The reason , why using timelapse-photo instead of timelapse-video is the much wider range of quality features , which is crucial in cases like your example (dusk-chasing clouds or anything at lowlight).

So I assume , the, mentioned by me, article, as well as your screenshot, refers to the fact , that timelapse-photo is currently not applicable in the gopro-app , the way this feature is meant to be (a timelapse instead of a slideshow).

And unfortunately I have not found a way to export/convert/import these sequential photos into a, by the app, accepted videoformat.

conclusion:

Timelapse-Photo is only usable in 3rdparty videoediting apps on mac or pc , and therefor unfortunately not mixable with other material in this interesting "auto-edit-/story feature" inside the gopro-app or the discontinued Quick.

Highlighted
GoPro

@bluewater86456, if it also helps, you may use the RAW theme in Multi-Clip Edit.

Anyhow, we appreciate your feedback. We'll share this out with the team in charge. Let us know if anything else comes up.