Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

stitching and highlighting

[ New ]

I have been trying to figure out a way to mark or tag or highlight moments while recording .  I am recording 30-45 minute volleyball matches.  I have been trying to find a way to either manually note significant plays at specific real time moments or digitally flag the plays in the recording itself.   Previously whenever my daughter made a great play i would check the  recording run time on the gopro app and make a written  note, but since the gopro camera chapters the digital files... the timing doesnt always match up after I stitch the files together.  I end up spending way too much time searching and rewatching games.  I think there is a way to highlight or flag moments in the gopro app but as I understand it  these don't appear in the video editing software I use.  I can use the Quik desktop software but if I remember correctly it isn't the best software for stitching chaptered files.  Does anyone know of a great way to achieve what I am talking about ... or anyone know of  any articles about "stitching chapters in desktop quik"

all suggestions welcome
GoPro

Re: stitching and highlighting

[ New ]
Hi,

If you are looking the for the HiLight feature, it can be found in the app.
Simply tap on your video and you will see, the last icon (pen, frame grab, Story mode, HiLight) is the one to add HiLights to your video.
Doing so will put an Orange dot on the timeline of the video.

The HiLights you put there will be found back in Story mode. (making a video with multiple media)
Tourist

[ New ]
Yes this is the type of feature I need but I am finding it difficult to edit in Quik for desktop.
What I want to do is find those highlights and export a clip from that spot in the recording — a few seconds before and after the point at which I marked the highlight . I am an experienced video editor and I simply can’t see how to do this simple thing in Quik.
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

That feature I described is present in GoPro Quik App iOS, the mobile app.
The mobile app is more versatile and has more possibilities than the desktop app so I suggest you try it :)