Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

slow download on iPhone

I am using 2 Hero 3+'s and use to be able to view and download pics and pretty quick on my iPhone. Now it takes too long to render pics and download on the app. to even bother. All my software and applications are up to date on my iPhone and I reformatted the SD CARDs AND UPDATED it. I have done this on both GoPro's and still slow. In the past, 3-4 months ago, this was not an issue.

GoPro

Re: slow download on iPhone

Hey @ericp14,

What device are you using to view that media? Is the App up to date? 

It should not take an extended period of time to download that content. You may want to run through these steps to reset those connections:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/GoPro-App-Camera-Connection-Troubleshootin...

Best,

Ryan

Tourist

I am using IPhone 6. All software, apps, and I took the SD cards out and did a reformat. I have 2 GoPro hero 3+'s and both are slow to download to my phone. They both connect just fine but when viewing the pics it takes forever to render and sometime the pics show an "!" In the middle of a triangle. Many times when I download a pic, it shows up blank in my photos, but shows the pic was downloaded. 

GoPro

Hi @ericp14,

What SD Cards are you using?

Best,

Ryan

Tourist

1st:  Scandisc Ultra Plus 16GB MICRO SD HC 1

2nd: Lexar 633x 64GB MICRO SD XC1

Sightseer

I'm having the same problem as you do. But it started to run slow when I upgraded my iPhone from 5S to 7. When I was using the 5S it was running really normal. Now I've been going thru the exact same thing using 7. Have you solve your problem?
Tourist

No, I have not resolved this problem and tech support seems to have given up on trying to help.
Tourist

I'm having the same issue. Seems like an app update a few months back started it.

Basically, when connecting the GoPro3, the app opens, and I can see the pics in the grid view. Trying to load a picture takes forever, and then a download takes a few monutes. I've also noticed that the camera gets really hot during this time.

GoPro Support - any ideas here?