Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: slow download on iPhone

I noticed that the problem happens with larger files. But, small files (with an average duration of 1 minute) have not been transferred and the estimated time is oscillating. In these cases, I end up transferring via USB cable to the computer.

Highlighted
Sightseer

The latest update to the firmware was 2015. I just took a picture and it took 2 min to start the download, and 3 min to actually download the one picture!
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for posting back @bravewater84607. Larger files would typically take longer in being transferred. It would help a lot if you stay on the GoPro app page showing the download progress in order to avoid interruptions on connectivity with the camera and phone. 

That is quite a long time downloading a single photo, @chadr318. We will let the team know about this. We will keep you posted. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

The best work around I have found is to do video and extract a frame out of it to use as pics. This takes up a lot of my card, so then I delete the video.
Highlighted
Tourist

I am having the same problem with my hero3+. I never used to have this issue why has the app become so slow? I have tried the suggestions and it hasn’t worked. Are there any other solutions?

Thanks Lucy

Highlighted
Tourist

The best work around I have found is to do video and extract a frame out of it to use as pics. This process is as fast as downloading a pic. This takes up a lot of my card, so then I delete the video.
Highlighted
Tourist

I have been dealing with this since May, and have been working with support for a month. I’m really upset. I was told my memory card wasn’t one of the recommended cards, yet my camer/app worked fine until this year. I did get a new iPhone since I last used my camera with the app so I’m guessing that is the issue. I have a Hero 3+ with an iPhone 7. I’ve done the manual update to the camera and the WiFi password. I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it. I continue to have slow preview on the app. Images won’t download or delete over the WiFi. Taking a photo in live mode is very laggy or stops. Previewed images in the app are very low resolution. The videos look ok, but everything freezes the app when trying to download to the phone. I don’t have an lcd screen on the camera so the app is a big necessity. Im super frustrated and ready to bail on GoPro. I have lots of accessories that will become paper weights (along with the camer).
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @cspike

I am really sorry if you feel this way. Let's try and troubleshoot the issue. What SD card are you using? I understand that the card may have worked with the camera but

to consistently achieve the best results with your GoPro camera it is important to select microSD cards that are known to work well with your camera. 

Depending on your device’s processing power, some higher resolution files may need to be converted to a lower resolution. To accommodate this process, be sure that your device has double the required space available for the content you want to transfer. 

Example: If your video is 2GB, make sure you have at least 4GB available. 

Live Preview should be supported in most video resolutions. However, as the GoPro App continues to be updated and evolve, some resolutions may no longer support Live Preview. 

Have you tried pairing the camera to another phone? How did it go?

Thanks!

Ej