Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: slow download on iPhone

No change to my situation either. Previewed photos are still blurry and when I tried to download a photo, the app became unresponsive. Preview of a short video clip (8 sec) didn't even work.
Tourist

Hello,

I have the same situation.

In my case I have a Go Pro Hero 3+ Silver edition and a iPhone 7 with iOS11.4.1. Before I have iPhone 4S and it works great.

I prove the workaroud to set the iPhone on airplane mode, seems that improve the transfer speed.

I prove too with and iPad (iOS 10.3.3) and it happens the same like with airplane mode.

I've update the firmware of the gopro and reset all the default settings.

What is the problem: the iOS or the gopro firmware (3.02)?

Hiker

With the latest App update i solved all the problem. Thank you
Tourist

In my situation, with the latest update, it did not solve the problem. Is another update planned?

GoPro

Hello  @stoutshore06144

Thank you for sharing your results. There is another update coming but we do not have information yet on when it will be released. Please continue to watch out through our channels - here, or at gopro.com. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

There is definitely a problem with IOS app and Gopro Hero 3+ (mine is black).

I am having this problem since the beginning of this year (and before it, it always worked fine without any problem) and we are already at september and Gopro team didn´t figured out how to solve this. It´s really a shame. I tried absolutely everything that was suggested on this topic and others.

Also tried with my iPhone X and a iPhone 7 and both have the exactly same problem: slow (ultra slow) download. If I use a Galaxy S9, it works like a charm without changing any configuration on the Gopro.

And there is more! If I use a app called Myk on my iPhone X (that doesn´t have anything related to Gopro official team) the download of videos and photos from Gopro works PERFECT. How can anyone explain this!? How a indepent team can make an app that works perfectly and Gopro can´t?

Hiker

I'll try today this app MYK.

I think will work better, but, I think have days GoPro works well, another day is terrible and I don't know why.

Have you tried with iOS 12?

Cheers,

Edu Pimentel

Tourist

Thanks man, downloaded Myk and works like the app used too, took only 30 sec to download a 7 minute clip where would take over 1.5 hours with the GoPro app, GoPro need to sort the 💩out if a 3rd party can do better