Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: slow download on iPhone

Ej
Thanks for the quick response. My first card was a sandisk ultra 64 gb u1 card which I was told wasn’t supported, but it worked just fine for the three+ years I’ve owned it. I then purchased a sandisk Extreme 32 gb u3 hc v30 card and it behaves the same. My job roll at work is troubleshooting and it often comes down to what has changed. My phone is new, the app and camera firmware have been updated (although the issue occurred prior to upgrading my firmware). I’ve had the camera 4 years, and everything has worked fine until this year. My current card has 10 pictures and three videos (all less than 1 minute), so the card isn’t that full. The support person I was working with told me this wasn’t a common issue, but an internet search suggests otherwise. As much as I’d like a new GoPro for the lcd screen alone, I have a lot invested and it worked just fine. This is getting difficult to do over email and forum posts. I was asked to take a video to show the issues I’m seeing. I will try to do that, but it won’t be for a week or so.
Tourist

Forgot to add that I have tried to use the camera and app on an iPad Pro 9.7 with the same results.
Tourist

I've taken a screen recording video of me downloading a single photo to help you understand the process and the pain that we are feeling.

https://youtu.be/cJqT4LQki0s

This video is a live recording of the process of downloading a single photo from my GoPro Hero 3 to my iPhone 6S. This started happening a few months back an...
Tourist

Spot on! Thanks for capturing and sharing that video.
Sightseer

Absolutely the same issue with Iphone x 64g, hero 3+ with lexar 32gb micro sd card ! 2 hours for upload a 21 seconds 4k movie ! I am really upset...
Hiker

@aktaar eu acho que a melhor opção é realmente utilizar um aparelho Android, com espaço para cartão SD no próprio celular. Quando eu tinha o Motorola Moto G4 Plus eu transferia os arquivos de uma forma muito rápida (economizando bateria do celular e da própria câmera).

No processo de edição, eu não sinto diferença em relação ao resultado final.

Obrigado!

Tourist

Exactly the same problem. Hero3+ and Iphone 6 updated to the last iOS version available. 1 hour to download 1 minute video in 1080.

GoPro

Hi @bashik

What SD card are you using?

Can you provide the brand and model?

Thanks,

-Jay