Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: slow download on iPhone

Even after updating the firmare on the camera to the latest version, and updating the app, it's still frustratingly slow. Even the response on the interface is sluggish - when I tap the download button, the app freezes and only starts showing the download progress after a minute or two.

GoPro

Hi @stoutmesa52827

Thank you for going through the troubleshooting steps. At this point, it's best to get in touch with our Support Team to further isolate where the issue is coming from.

You may contact them via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

EJ

Sightseer

I have the same problem, I have an iphone X and Hero 4 and a 2 minute video will take up to 30mins to download to my phone. The camera gets quite hot and often it just sits on the same remaining time and then does nothing. Everything is up todate. Any ideas, because I am getting a bit tired of waiting and might have to look at alterative options.

GoPro

Hello @mrstrong

Thank you for reaching out. Sorry to hear about the experience. If you have already tried out the recommended steps above, the next thing to do is to contact our Support team for a more personalized assistance. You can call or chat with them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

Sightseer

Many thanks for your help, I followed all of the recomended steps and it works much better now. Downloads to my Iphone are back to normal speed.

Cheers

Rob

Hiker

@mrstrong O que foi feito para atualizar e ?

Eu reparei que, enquanto a configuração de conexão WiFi da minha GoPro estava como smart a transferência era muito lenta - e às vezes a conexão se perdia no meio do processo. Alterei para app que é a única forma de conexão que uso na minha câmera e passou a funcionar normalmente.

O celular é um iPhone 6S com todas as atualizações instaladas.

Sightseer

Same here! iPhone X, Hero 3+, Sandisk Ultra 64Gb. GoPro needs to fix this. I hope this isn’t a prelude to an era where they stop supporting older cameras to force us to buy new ones, because they will lose a lot of business with all the other cameras out there now!
GoPro

Hello @chadr318 and @bravewater84607

Is the slow transfer observed no matter which media is being transferred from the camera to the phone? See if manually updating your camera will make a difference. You can follow this link for instructions on how to do a manual update. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius