Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: slow download on iPhone

I have same problem in gopro hero 7 black in iPhone 7 plus it's very slow to preview and donload picture but when I use Android in huawei P20 it's no problem about this in huawei p20 it's very fat to preview picture nad very fast to download picture.my micro sd card is sandisk extreme 32 GB.Please solve this problem when use with iPhone.

GoPro

Hi @sunnyflame6340,

Please uninstall and reinstall the app on your phone and check if that will solve the issue. 

Thanks,

-Jay 

Tourist

no resolution to this issue. I just wasted 30 bucks on buying a new SD card that is on go pro's recommended list. No change in video downloads for my iphone 7. Still sits there for an hour then fails out.

Is there NO RESOLUTION for this? 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @sevk8248

Apologies for the delay.

We are still waiting for an update from the team in charge.

I'll get this thread updated once I have information.

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

It can't be serious...

I'm having this issues from years, the go pro hero 3+ Black does what I need, but this issues made me not use or I have not "enjoyed" my experiences as I should.

I thought it was some issue with my camera, so I downloaded the photos on my PC, if I use my friends go pro hero 4 silver put my card on I can download the files quickly into my iPhone.

The only time that it worked is when I bought the camera in 2015 with my iphone 5s, then I had this problem with the iphone 5s, 7plus, X and Xs Max.

From time to time I was searching the internet for a solution, today I find this thread to discover everyone is having this problem, not enough, I also discover that there's is a software called Myk which I can download the files F!@##$ fast.

Ubelievable GoPro, almost 3 years of frustrantion that I can't use my camera as it was itended to be and a 3rd party can make a software that works.

Please, fix it.

Tourist

Hi guys! Same problem with my Hero 7 black and iPhone 7. VERY slow downloading of videos in gopro app - 1-2 minutes long videos can be downloaded for about 30 to 40 minutes and as you mentioned the camera gets really HOT in the lense area...
GoPro

Hi @hardydive44550,

Do you turn on your bluetooth and Wi-Fi on? 

Also what is the resolution of the video?

Your video may have high framerate and different aspect ratio. 

Try to record in 1080 or 2.7k with 16:9 aspect ratio and at least 60Fps to check.

The files is being converted to make it compatible on your phone since GoPro has MP4 file format by default. 

Regards,

-Jay

Tourist

Thanks for answering,
Video is 4K60 16:9 HEVC. Bluetooth and WiFi are on (as they always are). Can you explain what is the point recording at much lower resolution.? If I would like to record in 1080/60 I wouldn’t go for hero 7 black right..?
🙄 I’ve bought it specifically for 4k60.
By the way - what is the WiFi direct speed between iPhone and gopro?
Ps. I’ve been noticing that mostly iPhone 7 users are having this problem.
Pps. What about extreme heating of the camera during this slow transfer? Any explanation?
Ppps. Also to be more precise - not transferring but converting is very slow. It starts to converts and at the same time calculate the remaining time - and that is so slow.

Regards,
Milan