Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Re: slow download on iPhone

I did exactly as the directions said.  I am using the sd card from my camera it self.  I did not reformat or remove any files from the camera card it self.  It has videos on it.  The directions do not state any info about this sort of thing.  Other then that I did exactly like directions said.  Downloaded, extracted then put files on card manualy and not in a folder.  Turn cam on and it just normal, no reboot or beeps and no firmware update.  Files just sit on card I guess.  Plus there are files on it already.  I just copy pasted and over write them but they just revert back I guess.. I dunno..

GoPro

Hi @gromz,

You just have to reformat your SD card and follow the same steps that should work.

-Jay 

Hiker

I appreaciate all the advice.  But reformating then putting the files on the card did nothing.  It just turns on normally.  Its ok. I have about giving up trying to get videos on my phone anymore..  I dont even know why I have these things..  I just like the drone footage but would just be insane awesome to share some videos..

Explorer

Stop putting just the files on the card. You need to put the UPDATE folder (containing the files) on the card. Once done, you should only see ether Folder UPDATE on the root of the SD card.
Explorer

Also, what SD card are you using?
Tourist

Is there any resolution to this issue? Has 5e latest app that is supposed to fix this problem been Released?? I’ve been dealing with this issue for almost a year and it’s happpenimg between my hero 3+ Black and my iPhone 7+. The WiFi is unusable and I have one of the recommended sd cards. No amount of re pairing or any of the steps outlined has helped me.

has go pro just abandoned the support fo the hero 3+???? I paid a ton of money for this thing a few years ago and it’s junk now.

extremely extremely frustrating 

GoPro

Hello @sevk8248

If you have not done it yet, try manually updating your HERO3+ camera. This will help clear out any possible issue with the current firmware installation. There is no new update on the firmware but manually updating the camera firmware will help due to the reason mentioned. It helps as well to make sure that the phone that you are using is updated to the latest iOS and that you have the latest version of GoPro App installed. Should you need further assistance, our Support team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to help. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Tried reloading the firmware 3 times and it made no difference whatsoever.