Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: slow download on iPhone

If our cameras, SD cards, phones and apps worked just fine in the past, why would mobile data being turned on affect it now?  Are the mobile data connections stronger now than they used to be?  

I ordered another SD card, straight from the list of GoPro approved/supported cards, and will give this one last try. I will perform all of the actions suggested in this post and will report back after my test.

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you, @cspike. Please keep us posted with your results here. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I keep order SDSDQXL-032G-A46A, which is straight from the list of approved cards, and they keep sending me SDSQXAF-032G-GN6MA [Newest Version].  The newer card has A1 and V30 on it.  It is a class 10 card designed for action cameras and 4K, with speed up to 100 MB/s.  If GoPro supports the second, newer version, card, then I have already tried this card in my Hero 3+ and it did not change my experience.

Highlighted
Hiker

Repeat the problem is only di IOS App!
I tried this:
With mi iPhone 6s : problem
With my son iPhone 6: problem
With my friend IPhone 7: problem
With my wife Android phone: NO Problem!!!
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello everyone!

We have recently released an update for the GoPro app for iOS:

Current Version: 4.6
Release Date: 8/7/2018

Please have your app updated and test if it clears out the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I had updated my iphone6 with this, didn’t make any difference, still too slow to download since your update to iOS, pretty sure it’s gopro’s way of making us buy a new model which is pretty average on your behalf
Highlighted
Tourist

Hey Ej, thanks for the information. Tried with the new version, trhe expericence even got worse. Now it won't even start the download. I get to see the thumbnails of videos, but when i start to download it won't even start. Cheers, Denis

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @bashik @boldstorm84428

I have tested an iPhone6 just now and did not encounter any issues transferring files.

Also tried the GPS overlay.

Do you still remember the resolution used with these videos?

Supported Resolutions for Copy and Share in the GoPro App

Kindly try to uninstall then reinstall the app.

Then have the camera paired again.

Regards,

Ej