Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

"Trim" not saving on Android app

[ New ]

I've saved a GoPro 8 video onto my mobile app and am doing some basic video editing.  I'm on the screen that has the video, and five buttons on the button (in left-to-right order) "Trim", "Frame", "Filter", etc.  When I click "Trim" it brings me to a screen with the video, a timeline with a scissor button in the middle of it, and confirm or deny boxes in the bottom right and left.  After selecting a portion of the video, I click on the check mark and it brings me back to the first screen except nothing is trimmed (the video is still the original length).  In case there was just a display bug, I clicked Save but nothing saved.  I've restarted the app and this still happens

GoPro

Re: "Trim" not saving on Android app

[ New ]

@rondesmond, please try clearing the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section.

Does the issue happen to all media in the app? If it only applies to specific footage, what's the video resolution of these affected files?

Could you provide us the version of the GoPro App installed, your mobile device's model, and the Android version?

If you can also share with us a screen recording showing the issue, it'll greatly help us look further into the details.