Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

"There was a problem preparing your edit" - when exporting edited video to phone/ Facebook...

Error seems to occur when the video is edited to screen size 16:9, 4:3... works ok if the screen size is set to 1:1.

When this error occurs the edited video is also not automaticly up loaded to the GoPro cloud.

Note: I'm trying the app out with standard phone video as my GoPro is in the post.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: "There was a problem preparing your edit" - when exporting edited video to phone/ Facebook...

Hi @darrenw877

See if clearing the app's cache will help.

Relaunch the app before trying again.

Can you share the following information: Camera version, GoPro App version, phone and OS version.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: "There was a problem preparing your edit" - when exporting edited video to phone/ Face

HUAWEI Mate 20 lite
Hero 9
Android 10
Quick video +

There doesn't seem to be an option to clean app cache on new Android. I've made loads of memory space on my phone and re installed gopro app + set/linked it all up again but the same problem.. It won't even start to process an edited video if the screen size isn't 1:1
Screenshot_20201119_224547_com.gopro.smarty.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: "There was a problem preparing your edit" - when exporting edited video to phone/ Face

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @darrenw877. Our team is aware of the issue and is looking into it. The issue is identified with Huawei phones with the Kirin 710 chipset. We will post back once we have new information. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Ok, thank you for your help.
Please keep me posted as I won't be able to show my GoPro edited videos in their full glory until the app processes wide screen.. Particularly when showing on a large TV.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi,

This problem is only for Huawei Lite phones (Kirin 710 chipset) so if you can grab another phone it will be ok. Sorry about that.
Highlighted
Tourist

Just to confirm: if I was to get a new contract would an Samsung Galaxy S20 or I-phone 11 or I-phone SE work correctly with generating GoPro Wide-screen edited video with this app?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @darrenw877
There are known issues with 360 rendering with S20 so probably go with iPhone yes :)
Huawei has several rendering issues with GoPro App currently and in any case a 710 kirin chipset isn't great :(