Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

"Live Stream Ended - Your stream ended becuase the Wi-Fi connection was lost"

[ New ]

After a live stream to twitch.tv has been interrupted becuase of bad connectivitiy, I can't start another stream through any of the platforms for several hours. After I go to "Control your GoPro > Set Up Live" and click on any of the options (twitch, youtube, facebook, ...), I get the following message: "Live Stream Ended - Your stream ended becuase the Wi-Fi connection was lost". I can only accept this message, by tapping "Got it", after which the app puts me back to "Cameras" (the home screen of the app basically). The error persists after reinstalling the app and/or resetting the camera to defaults. It only disappears randomly after a few hours. This behaviour is extremely frustrating, because I effectively only get 'one shot' at live streaming and if anything goes wrong, I can't use the feature for several hours.

GoPro App version: 7.2.1 (9743)

Camera Model: GoPro HERO7 Black

GoPro Firmware Version: HD7.01.01.90.00

Phone Model: Xiaomi Redmi Note 9

Mobile OS: MIUI Global 11.0.5 / Android 10 QP1A.190711.020

Sightseer

Re: "Live Stream Ended - Your stream ended becuase the Wi-Fi connection was lost"

[ New ]
Same happens for me. I did a test live stream on facebook. All was going well so I walked outside of my WiFi range to see what would happen. I was hoping it would continue the stream as soon as I walked back in the range. Unfortunately the session ended. I've been getting the same message and I'm stuck in this loop. (Also for the other stream options)
Tourist

Re: "Live Stream Ended - Your stream ended becuase the Wi-Fi connection was lost"

[ New ]
Removing the battery from the GoPro for a few seconds fixes the loop - it's the only reliable remedy I've found so far...