Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

quikstories on android not import video from my hero 7 white

gopro quik stories do not import videos from my hero 7 white on android . I have free memory both internal and sd card. on quik stories it comes out that he is copying ..copy some photos and then it just stops.

I bought this gopro just to do the stories on instagram but at the moment it doesn't work the import with them on my Lenovo K33 android updated.  I'm desperate

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: quikstories on android not import video from my hero 7 white

Thank you for the clarification, @noblepeak66462. It is odd that GoPro app only downloads or imports photos. If you have not done so yet, try uninstalling and re-installing the GoPro app to make sure that you have the latest version of the app installed. Which OS is your Android phone running on? What is the resolution setting for the videos that you are trying to import? 

One possible reason that a video will not be imported is if the video uses HEVC file, but this would be true only for a HERO7 Black or a HERO6 Black camera. 

If available, try with a different mobile device and a computer and see how it goes. We will wait for an update from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @noblepeak66462

Are you getting any error message? when you say import, did you mean save the edited video you created, or share the edited video to Instagram Stories? If this is not the case and you are having trouble importing the videos/photos to your phone, make sure that these files are downloaded to your Lenovo phone first by importing them through the GoPro app, then open them in Quik Stories, edit, create your video and share to Instagram. 

Lets us know how it works out. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm sorry if I explained myself badly.
I'll explain better .. Go Pro App from phone does not download videos (of course when you connect via wifi and bluetooth to go pro) .. just download photos. the phone is updated the go pro is updated the memories are free. but gopro app download only the photos .. do not even download the short videos for 15 seconds made for instagram.

thak you so much 

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the clarification, @noblepeak66462. It is odd that GoPro app only downloads or imports photos. If you have not done so yet, try uninstalling and re-installing the GoPro app to make sure that you have the latest version of the app installed. Which OS is your Android phone running on? What is the resolution setting for the videos that you are trying to import? 

One possible reason that a video will not be imported is if the video uses HEVC file, but this would be true only for a HERO7 Black or a HERO6 Black camera. 

If available, try with a different mobile device and a computer and see how it goes. We will wait for an update from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius