Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

quick app down.

When I try to edit a quik app photo, the app keeps going down. What should I do?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: quick app down.

Hello Everyone. 

The fix for Quik for mobile app crashing when adding a photo is now available at the Google Play Store. Please install the latest version of Quik App (or update to it).  After updating, clear cache on the app (phone) settings (just clear cache and not clear data), and restart your phone. Please let us know if the app works correctly now. 

Thanks, 

Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @quickflame85618

What kind of edit are you trying to do? Or is it adding a photo to the Quik app to create a video? 

Are you getting any error message? A screenshot will be greatly helpful for us to isolate the issue. 

Does it matter whether it is a GoPro or a non-GoPro photo?

It should not actually matter but please make sure that the photo that you are using is in the following supported format: 

• iOS: JPEG, PNG, WEBP, and GIF (GIF might remain static, not animated)
  • Android: JPEG, PNG, WEBP, and GIF (GIF might remain static, not animated)

It would help as well if you can provide us information regarding the OS your device is running on, and the Quik app version that you are using. We just added a photo to a project that we did in Quik on an Android phone and it went successfully. 

Let us know what you find out. We hope to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am having this same issue on my Galaxy Note 8.  if i click on any photo it kicks me back to create a new video.  I have added many video's, but once I try to add a photo it will kick me out and I have to start over.

Quik APP version is 5.0.6.4050-vfa2c7535

Phone is Galaxy Note 8 with Android version 9

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the details that you provided, @agilecrest82588. We have reached out to our team regarding the matter. We will keep you in the loop for updates. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Photo by gopro. In video are edited, but photo is selected, app quik be down and restart. Whether any quik in editing is not possible. my cell phone galaxyS9+. Please solve the problem. Seems to problems of the app.
Highlighted
GoPro

@quickflame85618 @agilecrest82588 

Sorry about that we've opened a bug report and we are investigating to know what's happening.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone. 

The fix for Quik for mobile app crashing when adding a photo is now available at the Google Play Store. Please install the latest version of Quik App (or update to it).  After updating, clear cache on the app (phone) settings (just clear cache and not clear data), and restart your phone. Please let us know if the app works correctly now. 

Thanks, 

Marius