Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

problem with hero4 after firmware update

hello. i have been ignoring the message on my gopro app to update my hero4’s firmware since july 2018 because i was worried it would screw it up (plenty of bad experiences). true enough when i finally decided to update it 2 nights ago, everything went to **bleep**. everytime i take photos using wifi/bluetooth with my phone, my gopro app on my phone would not display the photos and instead show a triangle with an exclamation mark inside it for every single photo. i am still able to view the photos on my camera, and if i download the photos into my phone, i can view it in my phone. however there will be some photos that i can’t view at all on all devices, and i can’t even download them. i had 0 problems before the firmware update. but i’m on a holiday now and it’s getting on my nerves!!!!

furthermore sometimes my camera would hang and whatever buttons i press (both on app and on camera) it can’t do anything — if i’m on the settings page it’ll hang on that page, if i’m in camera mode, it’ll still be a moving image but i can’t turn it off. the only way out of it would be to pull out the battery.

i am so annoyed this is happening and i have no idea what is the solution to this. my holiday is already ruined. and i’m going for my honeymoon in 2 weeks time and i was expecting no issues with my gopro! can someone please tell me what to do?

phone: iphone 7 plus
gopro app: version 5.1.1 (2869)
camera: hero4
camera firmware: not sure, but it’s the latest one that the app told me to install

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: problem with hero4 after firmware update

Hi @stoutdawn58182

Apologies for any troubles caused.

I recommend doing a manual software update. https://gopro.com/update/hero4

This clears out any errors that may have been encountered with the previous installation.

Also, please ensure that you are using a recommended card

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: problem with hero4 after firmware update

Hi @stoutdawn58182

Apologies for any troubles caused.

I recommend doing a manual software update. https://gopro.com/update/hero4

This clears out any errors that may have been encountered with the previous installation.

Also, please ensure that you are using a recommended card

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej