Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

payout method and app

[ New ]
Why does the payout method asking ne for bank and routing number and bank account number and also asking me for tax documents to be filled out not sure what this is for and why cant I use the go pro app without giving this information
GoPro

Re: payout method and app

[ New ]

Hello @antoniocm1983

Thank you for reaching out. What were you trying to do via GoPro App? If you have gone through the Product tab and was directed to the web store and was trying to buy an item from there, you will be asked for bank details. The tax document requirement is odd though. If you were simply trying to pair your camera with the phone and access your media via GoPro App, you should not be asked to provide bank details, more so tax documents. 

Try signing out of the app, then uninstall and re-install and start over. Let us know if this clears out the issue.

Thanks, 
Marius

Hiker

[ New ]
When you go to your settings on website or app it shows a section called gopro awards payout and that's what keeps asking for bank name bank account routing number and also bank account number I'm an American so not sure what the foreign tax forms are for
GoPro

[ New ]

Oh I see. Thank you for posting back, @antoniocm1983. You only go to that part if you intend to participate or has participated in the GoPro Awards. The Payout section will give GoPro a way to send the monetary reward once your photo or video is selected for the award. 

Hiker

[ New ]
By any chance so you know more about how the sign up works what form is needed for tax to fill out if your an American citizen
GoPro

[ New ]

The only information that I am able to gather is that if you’re selected for a GoPro Award, you’ll be notified by email with directions on how to receive your compensation. This will include forms that need to be filled out that you send back. This will be sent to the email address associated with your GoPro user account. GoPro will make six attempts over a 90-day period to request your payment details in order to fulfill payment for your Award. 

Hiker

[ New ]
So it will probably be better if I fill out my bank account information and the tax forms for the go pro awards sooner then later
Hiker

[ New ]
Any new information to my question would be helpful thanks