Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

ok to set up gopro with app later ?

[ New ]

Hello everyone,

I received a gopro 8 but my current smartphone isn't compatible with the firm's app. I would like to use it though, but I don't want to miss the benefits of the app so I have a few questions :

1) Is it possible to use the gopro and to sync it later when i get to have a better phone with compatibility ?

2) Is it ok tu use non official apps for the moment or is it more likely to get me in trouble ?

and then, any advises for a noob user is welcome Smiley Very Happy

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: ok to set up gopro with app later ?

[ New ]

@hellod60 - Yes, as long as the content is saved to your phone, you can synch it at any time. As another option, it's a good idea to backup the content you want to keep to a computer so you're sure you're saving the original high-res versions of the content. You can sync content that's saved to your computer back to your app later on too.

It's also ok to use other apps with your GoPro content, however, if you save the content to another app, as part of that process the other app may make some adjustments to the files as it saves them. In some cases, date like GPS info may not be saved. It depends on the app and the process they use.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@hellod60 - Yes, as long as the content is saved to your phone, you can synch it at any time. As another option, it's a good idea to backup the content you want to keep to a computer so you're sure you're saving the original high-res versions of the content. You can sync content that's saved to your computer back to your app later on too.

It's also ok to use other apps with your GoPro content, however, if you save the content to another app, as part of that process the other app may make some adjustments to the files as it saves them. In some cases, date like GPS info may not be saved. It depends on the app and the process they use.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for answering !