Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

night lapse pictures to video

[ New ]

i have taken a night lapse with my go pro of the night sky however they appear as pictures on my phone and when using Quik for Mobile, it doesnt merge them into a video as such, it only lets me add frame types.. can the video creation only be completed on PC version? 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: night lapse pictures to video

[ New ]

Hello @aidhagz

Time lapse photos (including night lapse) are saved as individual pictures once imported via GoPro App. They may play back as one continuous file in the app but you may need to use a video editor in order to put together the photos into one video. You can actually do it in Quik for mobile, just make sure that you download all the photos for the whole duration of the night lapse. You can use either Raw or Lapse on the style for minimal transition effects. 

I hope this helps. 

Cheers, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @aidhagz

Time lapse photos (including night lapse) are saved as individual pictures once imported via GoPro App. They may play back as one continuous file in the app but you may need to use a video editor in order to put together the photos into one video. You can actually do it in Quik for mobile, just make sure that you download all the photos for the whole duration of the night lapse. You can use either Raw or Lapse on the style for minimal transition effects. 

I hope this helps. 

Cheers, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]
@mariustanya thanks so much for comment back, yes, seems to do the trick so thanks for helping me out!
Will be purchasing a laptop to use the editing suite fully just to help clean it up but this helps in the mean time
Thanks for now
GoPro

[ New ]

You are welcome, @aidhagz. Great to know it worked. Stay stoked. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Could you please elaborate? I am not able to make a video from a sequence of night lapse photos. I tried Raw and Lapse, and I still get transitioned between each photo. Not to mention I have to selected all 400+ photos individually.

There has to be be a better way!!
Tourist

[ New ]
Through Quik, thats the best you can do, its silly, i know. To create a real time lapse/nightlapse, you need to upload and run on the desktop version. It basically does it automatically as soon as you upload! Although its very pretty when you do. Just a shame you cant actually do it on the quik app.
GoPro

[ New ]

@aidhagz @nobleflame674

Quik only supports Video Timelapses not Photo Timelapses. 

Tourist

[ New ]
I found that out (the hard way). It’s VERY unfortunate GoPro chooses NOT to support their own camera formats.