Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Nomad

Re: mandatory login after upgrade

I suggest calling weekly to their customer service and emailing their support weekly. They don't care what comments are made here.
Anonymous

@jeffreybgeorge since when do you have to log in only once? I had to log in on monday and this morning, Wednesday, i had to sign back it. I find that I am prompted for my username/password about 3x a week. Would be great if it really was onlu once every 30 days
Tourist

Requiring a username and password once in this app's life is more than it should have been for basic connection to the device. I get you want to collect usage data, but I want to use my expensive camera out in the middle of rural Australia where there isn't an internet connection.

You can easily collect data on the app and upload it when it's back to an interent connection - requring a constant login and update and basically treating our offline devices like a cloud service feels unneccesary.

So I guess if I want to capture amazing footage on the go, I'll use a camera that doesn't require a login, and if you want to capture amazing data on our go, you can keep having us login to use our cameras.

Anonymous

Yup. The same app on the same phone just required me to login again. I'm done with this crap and will do everything I can do destroy the thier name and deter people from buying thier products. Goodbye!

Anonymous

It keeps logging me in every time I start the app. and worst it keeps turning on my mobile data and wireless without asking. The App is being taken off the phone now. Had enough of this. Shame I was looking forward to using it on the boat and skiing in 2017.

Cheesed off with GoPro.

Does anyone from the company read these? and if so is there a plann to do something?

Regards

Roger R.

Nomad

[ Edited ]

Hopefully you will be able to instal or reinstall the app without being logged out. the last update resolved the issue for me, the last update on Dec. 5 actually mentions it. 

GoPro is still on my for having a login for a tool.

screen capture

Anonymous

I own the camera that I paid a premium for and choose NOT to have GoPro collect any data from MY device and choose NOT to perticipate in their wanting to know how I use my device. Once you sale me a device you have no rights to know how I use it. This shoud have been an option not mandtory!

So I say SEE YA!  Very dissapointed that I wasted hundreds of dollars only to be duped in the end.  It's only a camera guys and there are numerous manufacterers producing simular products.

Nomad

this login needs to go away. how am I supposed to do that off the grid.