Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: mandatory login after upgrade

[ New ]

This appears to be the best option. It is not really fixed, they just provided a tempory overide if there is no service, if thers is a service you are forced to log in. It is the end of the short and very dissapointing relationship with gopro for me. To be honest I dont recall ticking the box to allow gopro to collect my data, or if I did where I un-tick it. Particularlly if I want to exercise my right to be forgotten!

Anonymous

[ New ]

It is absurd that you would require someone to login to use their camera, for wifi purposes. As someone who has been using Gopros for a while, I am not cool with this. I deal with this with DJI for their products, but with GoPro, come on guys. You should really consider with your next update, doing away with that feature. If you want to understand how customers use your products, connect with them on a social level. I could incept a number of projects and design a far better campain to connect with the end user vs spying on their use of your products. 

Furthermore, you dont see Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Hasselblad, etc requiring login to use their prodcuts.....

Tourist

[ New ]

This login requirment has nothing to do with seeing how their customers use their cameras, that's just a front.  Come on, it's a freaking action camera.  This is wholly about tracking users for advertising and monetizing their customers information. 

Anonymous

[ New ]
Any tips on how to fix this and n IPhone?
Anonymous

[ New ]

Like many others on this thread I am furious that GoPro think they have the right to mess with the functionally of the device. The camera is an action camera, the remote control is a key feature of the device. By making us login to their app when it suits them they are stealing precious time from us GoPro users by making us jump through hoops for no benefit to us, there isn't even a skip or login later option. The camera is out of warranty, I'm pretty sure GoPro wouldn't do anything to help me if I had a problem so leave it working as purchased. 

If you can imagine the stress of having to find an active wi-fi hot spot on a stinking hot day with all my motorbike gear on when just an hour before it was all working fine. 

I hope GoPro are watching this thread for that analytics on user sentiment !!

"Not happy Jan"

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

If you don't have wireless service where you are, you can bypass the login. The screen will look like this.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I agree, this is complete customer dis-service. GoPro requiring me to login to use gear for which I paid good money. Why do I have to be inconvienienced for functionality which benefits GoPro not me. I also bought one camera and verified everything worked as I wanted before I invested in two more cameras. Now this ridiculous imposition of GoPro on it's customers has me regretting my decision. The competition is coming, keep up these tactics and they are sure to succeed. I will certainly be looking at alternatives when upgrade time comes.

Bottom Line: GoPro you will not see one additional red cent of my money until this imposition is removed. GoPro rethink your strategy of forcing customers to provide uneeded information to use your products. Oh and don't insult us by trying to tell us it's for our own good

Hiker

[ New ]

Well it's no wonder why GoPro is loosing market share with all their recent bad decisions. "...to better understand how our users use our products..." um can you say "spy on us" and sell our data?!!

What bean counting morons decided this was a good idea > Let's create a new app where we can {further} spy on people and sell their data and will render their camera utterly useless they sign in < 

Thank goodness I read the {outraged} comments and DIDNT update my app otherwise I'd be SOL.

GoPro went from being a creative, awesome trend setting one to just another money hungry stock driven shell in such a short time it boggles the mind. They need to stop following companies like Adobe & Microsoft and blaze their own train again.

I for one won't upgrade my app until I'm forced to. I also won't upgrade my Hero 3+ Black to any newer version until they get their heads out of their ss's and make that app accessible without signing in. 

I'm thinking that Sony FDR X3000 action cam is looking pretty nice right now...