Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: mandatory login after upgrade

GoPro finally released a bypass to the required login. The App update came out this morning. I did a test using airplane mode and indeed was able to use the camera app when I "purposely" logged out. I've never had to log out, it always did so automatically.

Sure hope GoPro really did listen. I loved GoPro, but they lost my trust multiple times through the release of Capture.

Let's hope they refocus on the customer again as shown with this update.

IMG_7974.PNG

IMG_7975.PNG

Highlighted
Anonymous

It says "temporarily skip sign in" wish I knew what that means exactly. 2 minutes... 2months???
Highlighted
Nomad

Right? ;-) My thoughts as well.

Says it reminds us after 24 hours, we can only hope that means indefinitely.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Translation: "we're not giving up on this feature; we're doing just enough so we can claim we fixed it"

Highlighted
Anonymous

This is great. So if I turn off my cell data to the Capture app and never turn it back on, what part of the "full experience" will I lose out on? 

Highlighted
Nomad

"This is great. So if I turn off my cell data to the Capture app and never turn it back on, what part of the "full experience" will I lose out on?

Data mining, tracking your activities, etc. Consumers want this, right? ;-)

Highlighted
Anonymous

I found out about this the hard way.  To say I'm pissed off is an understatement.  This new mess you've caused, along with the terrible tech support I encountered for the Omni I was using last month, tells me it's time to look for better alternatives.  

Highlighted
Anonymous

Data mining, tracking your activities, etc. Consumers want this, right? ;-)

Don't forget the in-app purchases!