Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: mandatory login after upgrade

Too Late GoPro. If you give us enough time we will find a replacement. I'm going with either the Sony (better low light and stabilization) or YI Tech the quality differences are marginal at best and both match the Hero 5 specs. I suggest everyone unhappy with the App take a look at Sony & YI tech.

In addition to Fking up the app with mandatory invasive login thanks for screwing up Kolor PTP. Ya really went all out to mess that one up!

Highlighted
Anonymous

This is garbage. I don't want GoPro to see what I am doing with their **bleep**ing camera. I want to change the settings in my camera. That's it. Why do I have to sign in to the app. As is, I just created an account at google that has no real information related to me. Hopefully that's enough to keep my business, my business.

Christ, GoPro get over yourselves. You remind me of Microsoft... Sickening.

Highlighted
Sightseer

What rubbish!!

Why do GOPRO want me to sign in and gather information from me?? This is just a **bleep** camera and I only need the App for remote viewing... I do not want GORPO accessing any of my data. Users should have the option to opt out and simpy use the App as it was before. Thanks to this new feature, I missed out on some greate footage as I was unable to use the camera!

I just created this account with GoPro support so that I come come here and tell them to F$%K off, and that I am selling my GOPRO equipment and going to replace it with the cheaper alternatives who do not force their clients to use their cloud services!!

They should stick to simply selling cameras and not dip their findger into social media market!

Thank you and good bye!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Oh... and make sure you fire the idiot who came up with the idea! He/she has no idea about user experience and should be sweeping the floor of your offices, not designing apps!

Highlighted
Nomad

So glad you signed in to vent.

I am loving Insta360, they may not compare in photo quality, but they listen to their customers. GoPro lost sight of their customers. At least they can make crashing drones, login disasters.
Highlighted
Hiker

Thank's for sharing that Insta360 idea. I checked it out and it looks pretty interesting. Even though I know they tweaked the hell out of those images, it looks promising. I'll have to look up real world reviews.

I'm fortunate that I kept the "original" app and have not updated to their latest spyware version. I'm using a hero 3+black and will never ever upgrade until they remove the mandatory log in. Sony Action cams look pretty good (especially in low light).

With all the new offerings from startup companies GoPro better rethink their "data grabbing" ways because they're not the only game in town anymore.

I hope nobody purchases any companies hardware product which requires a mandatory login to use. Fight with your hard earned $$ to keep your privacy.

Highlighted
Sightseer

You can use the app in offline mode when you switch your phone to flight mode before starting the app :)

And then turning WiFi back on when the app is running.

But I agree that this can't be the ultimate solution...

Highlighted
Nomad

For me, the issue has been resolved for quite awhile. My gripe was when GoPro changed their App from “GoPro App” to “Capture”. For several months, a random login was required, there was no bypass. I was on location in the forest, checked my cameras for errors and updates just a few days earlier. It failed time after time for months. GoPro ditched “Capture” and returned the name back.