Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: mandatory login after upgrade

What GoPro?? Are you insane?? Standing in the forest (no internet!) trying to capture cars racing and suddenly I have to login??? I'm not interested in "sharing" and I wan't all my battery capacity for myself...!

Please revert ASAP.

Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro is just flat ignoring their customers now.  The majority of users don't like the login requirement, nor the new app in general.  Just go look at the app reviews at the Play Store, 9 of 10 of all the new reviews are 1 star.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gopro.smarty

Highlighted
Anonymous

I needed to use the camera today, and after 4 attempts, I was able to get the app to connect without having to login.  However, it only took the app one attempt to shove a couple of ads in my face - fuq off with that!

Then, sitting around the house later, my phone goes off: It's a notification from the GoPro app: "Connect your camera and get started!" or some other bull**bleep**. 

NO! 

Fuq the hell off with this bull**bleep**!   I only want to hear from the app when I need it.  I don't need random reminders to use the app.   I checked the app settings, and "Notifications" are turned off, so they're just overriding their own settings.

Highlighted
Tourist

Get used to them ignoring you rockypike, they know they're wrong, so instead of a real discussion about it, they've stuck their heads in the sand.

Highlighted
Anonymous

This is just madness on their part. How to drive their loyal customer base away. The cheap Chinese rip offs now look attractive.

However, I don't need quick, I can use my Hero5 without it and just copy the files straight off the SD card.

Stuff Them !!!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: The Solution (At least for Android users)

here's the old desktop - no log in bs either

http://downloads.tomsguide.com/GoPro-Studio,0313-55289.html

Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro, this is dispicable that you are forcing your users to create an account and login before using the app! I will never buy your products again!

Highlighted
Tourist

+1 re the please revert to optional login.

GoPro, I may be a small fish in a big pond however together we are fast becoming a shoal.   As with any prod if you push your customers too far they'll eventually make that final jump from apathy to taking action and decide to become somebody else's customers.   I was happy paying a premium for GoPro and estolling the experience to contacts, but not any more.   Apathy is beginning to feel like yesterday's status for me now.

Happy for you to gather stats when I hook up my camera to sync with my desktop but NOT whenever I want to access my camera from my mobile device.