Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: mandatory login after upgrade

A few days ago I went to setup a new GoPro mount in my 4x4; I fired up the app so I could get the aiming right - nope!  Because I wasn't on WiFi, I just got a "Connecting" and spinning graphic.  So, whatever the "fix" was, it wasn't really a fix.

Highlighted
Tourist

Just remove the account requirement already GoPro.  A majority of reviewers and customers on the Play store reviews agree with this!  It's a total scam and you know it.

Highlighted
Tourist

As with all the others, I insist the login feature be removed or a bypass built in.  I specifically bought the camera for once in a lifetime travels to some very remote destinations. Shortly after purchase, the app was upgraded with this requirement.  If I am to use this camera then I need to be able to access it via my device so I can ensure proper shots.  This is very poor form, GoPro.  Your core business used to be selling quality cameras, not data.  

Highlighted
Nomad

There is a bypass now, took a lot of complaining. I personally got blocked from GoPro on Facebook (I might even be proud of that), they finally listened. You will be asked to login daily, but you can bypass it each day without being locked out as I had been. The App now works as one would expect.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the response, jeffreybgeorge.  I was looking around and saw that a bypass was put in. I'm testing it now.  Still...pretty daggy thing to put a login requirement in the app in the first.  What a total charley foxtrot.  Would be much better if it were opt in for features requiring log in.  Feels just like 'volunteering' in the army.

Highlighted
Anonymous

You will be asked to login daily

I don't find that to be an acceptable solution, at all.  For example, I hadn't used the app in a while; when I started the app to setup my camera - where I didn't have network - I was SOL.  You logic is "if you plan to use the app, then you have to remember to log in each day before you leave the house."  That's retarded.

Highlighted
Nomad

I agree. i bought my GoPro specially for tethering as I own older models that didn't tether. You can imagine my frustration saving up vacation time for two years from work to photograph the fall color in California using multiple cameras to find my GoPro suddenly required a login and a bypass wasn't available. It worked fine 3 days earlier.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm absolutely totally against having to sign in to use such an expensive piece of equipment which I often try to use in remote locations.

Having to sign in to use the Capture App is mostly inconvenient, but also hinders the use of my GoPro, and is most likely to happen when I need it most.

Please reverse this functionality.

There are many other very capable camera manufacturers out there who will be eagerly watching this.

Being first to market is great, but poor business decisions like this will cost you hugely.

Listen to your users because there will be a revolt, or open source your software and we will make our own.

This also feels like an invasion of privacy.

Your customers are losing faith - ignore them if you want to fail.