Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: mandatory login after upgrade

jefft Thanks for the prompt response. If that's the case then it will be case closed for me. I'll give it a go this weekend.
Hiker

FWIW, I think it's even intrusive to to be required to login just to use the camera download app on my PC. Why DaFuq do I need to alert GoPro when I want to interact between my own PC and my own camera?
Anonymous

Just curious. What if I don't ever want to sign up for an account or sign into an account? I just want the phone to connect to the camera like it did with the old GoPro app that I'm still using because of this ridiculous boondoggle (ya I used that word) with trying to data mine my information. 

FWIW, I still think that adding that login requirement to their app for a product that is often used in remote locations is one of the biggest screw ups a company has ever made. I shoot travel vids and will often attach my camera to the outside of my camper van. When I saw the ability to start and stop the camera remotely from my phone I was thrilled. I've always used GoPro but found it a nuisance to scrub through hours of footage looking for shots. Last year, on a drive through northern California I could not use the app because I had no service. Even when I had service I was given incorrect login messages time and time again. Thankfully someone had posted the old APK and I found functionality again but this Capture software was completely ruined, as was my love for GoPro, when they required an account to use MY OWN EFFING CAMERA. Give you heads a shake guys, there are other ways to make money. You're not Google. 

Tourist

I see you've deleted my post about this.  Wow, that's good support, if you don't like your uses opinions, just delete it.  GoPro no longer cares about their customers and their products, just their customers data for selling.  Turn a deaf ear to it.  Nearly half of the threads on the front page are about this.  The login requirement is total bs. 

Anonymous

I stopped using the video editing software from GoPro for the desktop. I rather use software that does not force me to login into an account. So after installation I looked at it ines and removed it. Now I use iMovie.
GoPro Community Manager

@loginrequired - I don't have any records of any of your posts being moderated. Send me a private message with the details on the post you thing was removed and I'll be glad to research it for you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tourist

[ Edited ]

What is going on with you people, how can you restrict my access to my camera?

How can I ask full redound, do your software I can't use the camera anymore!

Tourist

I've been using another piece of software to controll my Hero 3+ Black.  Found it in the iTunes store.  Simple interface that works fine for me.  Cost about $6.  And, now that I'm shopping for a new action camera, I can see that alternatives abound. The best way to deal with an unresponsive company is not to deal with them at all.