Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: mandatory login after upgrade

@Anonymous - It means 24 hours.

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

It had better not mean only 24 hours. [edited]

Highlighted
Anonymous

Since I use GoPros for my business, I had not spent much time looking at lower cost alternatives, since they're pretty cheap (for what I do).  But, since this came up, I've been reading about GoPro alternatives.  The Yi 4K looks like a good bet.  (Ordered 2 last night.)  I'd stick with GoPro out of loyalty - buying from a Chinese company isn't my first choice, but practical considerations are important.  And, as a customer, I like to feel respected.  In this regard, GoPro is a failure.

Highlighted
Hiker

@toughboost144 wrote:

GoPro finally released a bypass to the required login. The App update came out this morning. I did a test using airplane mode and indeed was able to use the camera app when I "purposely" logged out. I've never had to log out, it always did so automatically.

Sure hope GoPro really did listen. I loved GoPro, but they lost my trust multiple times through the release of Capture.

Let's hope they refocus on the customer again as shown with this update.

Glad to find a solution, and releaved to see gopro listened to their fans.  Requiring login, internet connection, data mining, and any attempt to leverage customers are really foolish short sighted ideas.  If anyone makes a great product or service they won't have to force it on people, we will happily sign up for it.

Highlighted
Anonymous

jefft. Just to be clear are your saying if we have no internet coverage for more than 24 hours your still going to lock us out of using our cameras through the Capture App.
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - You're not going to be locked out at all. The 24 hours is in regards to how often you're asked to log in. If you are without service, you can continue to skip the login.

Highlighted
Anonymous

That will work for me. The functionality is secure in any environment eigh or without service. I can live with an option to log in voluntary. The daily reminder is okay too since I have the option of not logging in if I choose. Thanks.
Highlighted
Nomad

Thank you, this was the answer I believed until implied otherwise. :-) So glad this issue is resolved.