Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Anonymous

Re: mandatory login after upgrade

SO THEN SAVE PASSWORD ON DATABASE, IT FEATURE "LOGIN" ruins my vacations !

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi toughnoost144. You're lucky then because I can't get mine to work without having to login every single time I want to use my GoPro. 10 minutes drive and I'm out of mobile range so essentially this makes the camera useless.
Nomad

I fully agree: Log-In requirement needs to be removed!

Just to make you guys aware of (for those who don't know): changing settings on the GoPro just requires http calls to the GoPro access point (wifi network).

You can simply connect your phone to the camera and send the command manually. O.K. not that convienient, but allows you to change the settings at least, so: better than nothing!

(look on the www for KonradIT)

Anonymous

That's ridiculous Jeff and **bleep**ing stupid! I wanted to smash my GoPro yesterday trying to get it to connect in the backcountry without cell service. GoPro keeps making one stupid decision after the other and you're not going to be around for long if this keeps up. Now, **bleep**ing change it so I can skip the step to log in if I don't have any internet connection. Absolutely stupid!!!
Anonymous

This is just insane! GoPro, go hike in nature and clear your minds a bit, ok? Then try using your product and let me know if you find it cool to login at 3350m altitude without service looking at an amazing landscape.

Seriously, I fully understand your "need" for data, I work in a mobile software company, but have you heard for login tokens, device id and other, numerous ways of storing someones id and their actions OFFLINE and then SYNC that data once the user is back online?

If NOT, I will come to your offices and code that myself for FREE!!!! 

It's unbeliavable to me that you are preventing users from using your product?

You have my email, I'm serious about coding this myself if you are so lazy!?

Anonymous

Totally not acceptable. When I was with the family in party and waiting for the registration to use the GoPro. Then they wait for so long that the candle finished burning. What the **bleep** is such feature? You want to collect my data, so force me to connect to the server everytime when using the GoPro.
I smash the camera just because it screw up the moment when I need the camera.
Nomad

[ Edited ]

I am so frustrated with GoPro, support said the "log out feature" was disabled. Apparently it has been renabled, or a new bug has been created. Everytime I launch Capture after a day or two, the App launches and disconnects and requires a new login. Thankfully, The login seems to stay connected for the remainder of the day. It would seem when I do have cell coverage it disconnects more regularly. IDK. GoPro support said their servers went down around Christmas. This bait and switch has left me very angry at GoPro, I have given the company multiple chances, I've contacted GoPro numerous times, enough. GoPro basically gave us Pro users a [edited].

Tourist

GoPro obviously doesn't care about their users experience all that much if they can't address such a big problem with their app.  There are multiple threads in this forum about this issue.  Meanwhile the mod won't even respond.  In a support forum, a problem causing users to be totally unable to use your product, and no official response or offer of help, that's a Vegas strip kind of sign saying to stay away.

I received a new Session 5 for Christmas, but I have since returned it and bought the new Virb.  I am stuck with my old Hero4 as it's too old to return, but it won't be getting much use anymore.