Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Re: mandatory login after upgrade

[ New ]

Thanks for posting this about the GDPR. Never heard of that before but then again I'm in the USA. We don't have anything like this in the here that I am aware of. You're lucky you have rules being set forth which "protect" the end users/consumers privacy to an extent. Here it's like the wild west and GoPro is certainly taking advantage of it.

Tourist

[ New ]

PCI security compliance is probably the closest you get in the USA re customer data.

Hiker

[ New ]

Yes and we all know how that works out for everyone here! We might as well be posting our own vital information online. ;O

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ New ]

WIth the GDPR, it applies to all companies. regardless of where they are based, including American companies so long as they collect and process information on any EU citizen. Any information that can be used to identify an EU citizen. That would include a user account that we have to sign up for, or GPS data that could be cross referenced against other metrics to pinpoint and "anonymised" user.

All user data processing is on an opt in basis. You can no longer have one wide reaching tick yes box to agree to our terms. Each use of the data has to be individually agreed to. The useage also has to be stated in clear and plain language. No legal gobbledygook! The potential fine for a breach is 20 million, or 4% of World Wide annual turnover. Which ever value is higher. The potential fines can be massive!

As an EU citizen, I never agreed to have my data collected in such a manner to use a device I purchased in good faith! I was also not informed of such a requirement at the time of purchase! So unless GoPro get this sorted, I expect and would encourage all EU users that are angry about this to get ready to bombard their data protection commissioners on or after the 25th May 2018.

Hiker

[ New ]

Well, at least the EU has enough sense to implement this type of "protection". We have nothing that even comes close and I doubt we will. Heck they just recinded the Net Neutrality laws. 

Tourist

[ New ]
You mother**bleep**ers! I hate you and your stupid login! I'm in the middle of nowhere and the last thing I want is to sign in to your down for maintenance servers! I hate you and I'm never buying gopro again because of this mandatory login **bleep**!
Sightseer

[ New ]

The new mandatory login is an incredible step backwards.  I don't want to have to use my data allowance just to log into your awful new app.  The next GoPro I buy is going to be a cheap Chinese knockoff as this is just intolerable.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @noblemesa13304

The latest version of the GoPro App provides an option to go Offline. When this is chosen, you can continue with the app without logging in . 

Thanks, 
Marius