Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Anonymous

Re: mandatory login after upgrade

[ New ]

I just checked and it's not fixed... I still can't use the app without entering a gopro user account. I don't need or want any cloud features for my camera usage, I also don't need or want any data to be reported to GoPro. I still use GoPro Hero4's on my Solo Quads (though I don't use their app) but I've moved to other vendors for everything else. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Does anyone has a version of app that supports Hero5 Black and does not require login ?

Hiker

[ New ]

I'm don't think that exists since they updated the app before or at the time Hero 5 came out(?)

Anonymous

[ New ]

If you have an Android device, try downloading and installing this version: [edit]

Tourist

[ New ]

This version works with up to Hero4, unfortunately.

Are there other compatible apps that work with Hero5 (start/stop, change settings) ?

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm resigned to the only way to resolve this unfortunate decision / attitude towards customers is to refrain from buying the product until the application again supports all camera specific functionality offline without a login or temporary 24 hour offline mode, which is a shame, I'd quite like to purchase a Hero 6 and more accessories but not with the apparent push towards we are buying a service, not a camera.   I'm now considering alternative brands.

Wow, I'm getting annoyed about this again now, even with 24 hour offline mode, what's that all about then?   Really?   Face saving perhaps?   GoPro whould gain a lot more respect from it's customer base if they just acknowledged it was a daft direction in which to head and just make online / login optional. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

This is unacceptable.

I use my GoPro in the middle of the desert with no phone or internet reception.

GoPro...  Listen carefully...  you are off the list.  No more GoPro purchase for me.  Easy decision.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Have you already tried my solution here:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/mandatory-login-after-upgrade/m-p/71686/highlig...

You can use the app in offline mode when you switch your phone to flight mode before starting the app.

And then turning WiFi back on when the app is running.