Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: ios 13.3 can’t save to photos

Hey again riceman7,

I tried to further tweak your issue, and i cannot seem to find the rootcause of your problem, after some good hours of testing.

Do me a favor, and restart your device, and try again afterwards.

If it won't work, I'll kindly ask you to provide the footage that you're trying to extract the photo from.

3MP = around 1080p, so the footage is defo 1080p or 1440p. Now i'm curious whether your media is somehow corrupt, and that's why you stumble across this issue. [It shouldn't be, given that you're able to extract the frames within the App].

Workaround wise, I'd say: hit the Share button from the Export Sheet > Tap the Ellipsis in the Share Sheet, and Save to Files. See if that is successful for you.

Looking forward to an update on this, and hopefully all will end up well. Start with a device restart :)

Cheers,
aarlekk
Highlighted
GoPro

@riceman7 following this as well as it's a strange deal, it could happen on a very low end device but on your XS your should definitely be able to save photos and videos no problem...

Highlighted
Tourist

hey guys,

mystery solved

In my iPhone Photos app there is an album sync'ed from an old computer called "GoPro Album" in the "From My Mac" category of "Albums"

Ppl on the internet says that these sync'ed albums cannot be modified on the iPhone.

Therefore, the GoPro app could not save to the "GoPro Album" album in Photos.

I googled a work-around to delete the sync'ed "GoPro Album" album from my iPhone.

and voila! videos and photos from the GoPro app could be saved to Photos no problem.

thanks for trying to solve this problem.

Perhaps the GoPro app should be updated to gracefully handle this situation or at least display a more meaningful error message.

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Coudln't Hi5 you enough mate. Thanks for your involvement and reporting, i have raised your issue internally, and hopefully, it'll be prioritized by the product team, although it's a sky-high edge case.

Thanks again,
aarlekk