Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

incorrect camera password

I have no troubles getting the camera into pairing mode and it gives me a pin to enter.

where i have trouble is on my phone on the go pro app. Before it will let me pair the camera and enter the pin it is asking for a "camera password"  but I do not have one, and i have tried all the possible passwords. I have tried resetting the camera so it should go to a default camera password but i still am not able to find out what the default password would be after resetting the camera .  

It says try updating the camera from the app, but i cant do that because i cant connect the camera to it. I tried to manually update the camera but it didnt work it actually froze my go pro and i couldnt use it witht the micro SD that has the update on it. 

Please help I am going on a trip soon and would like to have the app connected for it. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: incorrect camera password

Hi @tiffmariarose,

If you are still having some trouble getting that password reset we have an article that will walk you through the steps for your camera!

https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/How-to-Reset-the-Camera-s-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Ryan

Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same problem and nothing helps: Resetting didnt help, updating didnt help, using goprohero didnt help...

After resetting it tells me not to use goprohero. I am aming to use it lika a babycall.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi I have the same problem. Were u able to resolve the issue? How? Please let me know. Thank u
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @yetteskidokski

Which camera model do you have? If by any chance you are using a HERO4 camera, you can use goprohero as a default password after you reset the camera's Wi-Fi information. Once you pair with the GoPro app again, you will then be prompted to put in a new name and password of your choice. Let us know if this is helpful. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Marius,
Thank you so much for the reply. Btw, I am using HERO4 Black Silver. Unfortunately still unable to use my gopro until now :( I cannot use "goprohero" as a default password because it requires alphanumeric password. Please help me. I am so desperate to use/transfer my photos/videos to my phone.
Hoping for your prompt response.
Thank you.
Yetteskidokski
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @yetteskidokski

Thank you for trying it out. For immediate assistance, it would be best to contact our Support team. You can call or chat with them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please make sure that you have your camera and phone with you when you contact them.

Best regards, 
Marius