Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

iPhone 12 HDR and GoPro Quik

[ New ]

Hello, I've been trying to get HDR video working on Quik, but it shows up as opaque, non-vivid video.

Any clues how to get around this?

GoPro

Re: iPhone 12 HDR and GoPro Quik

[ New ]

Hello, @skumancer. Are the videos captured by your iPhone? The Quik app has set filters/themes that could be applied to media used in the edit. Were you using a particular theme or filter? 

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi, @skumancer
Thank you for reporting, sadly currently our engine doesn't support iPhone HDR videos, that's why the colors you see are rendered a bit greyish and dull. I have been testing this myself and have opened request for support.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Has anyone identified a workaround for this? It is clear that GoPro Quik does not support HDR video, causing any video being edited on Quik that came from an iphone 12 to be dull and lifeless. The videos look great on any other editing software.. 

Sightseer

[ New ]
Is there a resolution for this yet? It’s insane that you’ve upgraded the App only to have a detrimental effect on a number of the functions (ability to import music, ability to import iPhone videos).

If not, what is the best video editing App that I can use because I have no interest in using Quik anymore.
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Sorry about that, there is no info on this particular feature for now. iPhone HDR videos are a specific format and it requires backend work to support it, I don't have a timeline for now.