Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

iPad 12 Pro Orientation Issue

[ New ]
You would think that after a year of many people reporting the same issue GoPro would have a fix, but no!! Please allow IPad Pro to edit in landscape mode or I’m selling up and going to DJI.
34A68F79-E3AF-4BD0-BB03-7EEEE61432F8.png
GoPro

Re: iPad 12 Pro Orientation Issue

[ New ]

@varsityrecords1, the app is set to portrait orientation by default. However, rotating the mobile device while previewing from the camera will enable landscape viewing mode to display the video horizontally.

We are continuously working on improving the experience of our users. We'll have this forwarded to the team in charge.

Hiker

[ New ]
It’s an ongoing and well reported issue over a 12 month period that continuously gets pushed back but after the release of the iPad Pro 12 in 2020 & 13 in mid 2021, soon all editors will be transitioning to iPad 13s tablets with keyboards for editing needs, so if we are having landscape orientation issues thats a big concern.

And the fix you mentioned is only a bandaid solution because any changing from that screen tab to another in he app will revert the screen back into horizontal mode and vice versa. Need a permanent system wide fix please ASAP.

If I’m buying 16 iPads 2022 and possibly 16 GoPro 9s for my company I need this issue fixed ASAP or we will have to find another user friendly action cam compatible with iPad editing in landscape mode with Apple
Sightseer

[ New ]

Second this.

This entire app experience is a half baked UI nightmare.  I want to like it, please do better GoPro.