Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

iOS Video Transitions

[ New ]

I'm creating my own video containing several different video clips.  I've figured everything out except for adding transitions between my clips.

The "suggested" video that GoPro automatically builds has transitions, but I don't like the clips it's selected.  I was assuming it was possible to add simple transitions when manually splicing clips together, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in in the edit menus. 

Is anyone seeing something that I'm not??

Any help would be appreciated.

-Matt

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: iOS Video Transitions

[ New ]

Hello @sunnywater8807. Since the transitions in the GoPro App apply to all components of a multi-clip project (hence, no way to add a transition between clips), you might want to explore other media players or applications. 

See if you can still find Quik for mobile app in the App Store. It is no longer in development but the latest version can still be used for editing. This app also has more options for transition. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @sunnywater8807. The transitions are automatically applied and built-in in each video style. You can try the RAW video style. Check out this article How to Create A Multi-Clip Edit in the GoPro App for more information.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey @aenriquez - thanks for the adive.  I tested all of the themes, and the only two that had transitions were Slice and Flick.  Raw didn't seem to have any transitions.

Flick transitions were cool but it converted some of my clips to black and white, which I didn't want.  Slice transitions were a little weird and distracting, but at least kept the footage in tact.

Any other options for transitions?

Thank you.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @sunnywater8807. Since the transitions in the GoPro App apply to all components of a multi-clip project (hence, no way to add a transition between clips), you might want to explore other media players or applications. 

See if you can still find Quik for mobile app in the App Store. It is no longer in development but the latest version can still be used for editing. This app also has more options for transition. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Okay.  Thank you!