Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

iOS Files app support

Formally requesting the GoPro App on iOS devices support native Files integration (instead of the older Photos only integration).

I've seen a few questions related to this, but not directly to the point.

In my case, I don't own a computer, but use a latest gen iPad Pro instead. Therefore the GoPro app is my only option to re-frame 360 video from the Max. It seems very stange that we MUST transfer the recorded files via Wifi, when both the GoPro Max and the iPad are USB-C devices.

Currently the app only supports choosing media from the Photos app. This is very limiting because as it has been pointed out in many posts, apps like this don't support certain file types or codecs. Having support for the native Files API integration would unlock a ton of mobile workflows.

I've tested a few different methods of trying to work around this, and it easy enough to get the all files (including .360 files) onto the device, but the GoPro app does not offer a method of selecting or importing these into it.

An alternative to supporting the full Files API would to have a method of the app pulling the files off the camera via cable in the app. At least one of the main 360 competitor apps has a feature like this that allows importing directly from the device via a cable. This makes a mobile workflow much faster and more reliable.

I've attached a screenshot of a .360 file on the iPad, and me desperatly trying to get it into the GoPro app.

gopro_ipad_files.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: iOS Files app support

@cashwilliams 

Thanks for the feedback - improvements to file import will be made in the future for sure. I don't have a timeline for now but the Team is looking into options :)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @cashwilliams

Thank you for your suggestion. We'll have this shared to the team.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

You may also check 360 Media Support in the GoPro App 

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
GoPro

@cashwilliams 

Thanks for the feedback - improvements to file import will be made in the future for sure. I don't have a timeline for now but the Team is looking into options :)

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks, thats great to hear!