Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

huawei p9 lite/ hero 4 sessiom

Hi, camera won't pair with capture app no matter what I do. Works fine with 2 other phones(samsung). Any tips anyone?
Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: huawei p9 lite/ hero 4 sessiom

@megajump34570 - We've heard from other customers that use a Huawei that turning on the wireless, bluetooth, and GPS on the camera seems to help get the connection going.

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

@megajump34570 - Where in the pairing process are you having the issues?

Jeff

Sightseer

Hi Jeff, I can not even get my phone to connect to the camera no matter what. I have tried turning off the bluetooth, the wireless router I even upgraded the firmware of the camera. No results. Still the same error "can't find your camera, let's try again". I have tried to connect it first to ios, works fine. Still doesn't work on p9-lite. I have reset the camera and the wifi settings. Same problem.
GoPro Community Manager

@megajump34570 - We've heard from other customers that use a Huawei that turning on the wireless, bluetooth, and GPS on the camera seems to help get the connection going.

Jeff

GoPro

Hi megajump34570,

I left a comment on this thread that might help

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/Hero5-Session-Huawei-P8-lite-2017/m-p/48738#M27...

Specifically

1: Make sure you have location information turned on.

2. On Huawei phones, we strongly recommend you turn off the "Wi-Fi+" setting on your Huawei phone before and while you use Capture with your GoPro camera.

My comment on that  thread describes in detail why this is needed and also contains a screen shot of how to turn of "Wi-Fi+" on the Huawei phone.

3. Also, verify that you see your GoPro camera as a setting in one of the Wi-Fi networks in your Wi-Fi settings screen. Is should being with something like GPXXXXXX. The Capture app should have successfully configured it....

4. If 1-3 does not help, try doing the following

a. On your phone, go to your Bluetooth settings screen to see if you have a GoPro XXXX paired device and remove it.

b. On your phone, go to your Wi-Fi settings screen and remove the saved Wi-Fi setting for your GoPro Camera. It should begin with something like GP XXXX.

c. In Capture app, remove the GoPro camera from the app

d. On your GoPro camera go to the "Connect" menu, and select "Reset connections"

e. Pair the Capture app to your camera agin.

Once you've done these things, can you reply back and let us know if that helped, or if you are still having issues?

Sightseer

Jeff, thanks a lot for help! That did the trick.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello, i have a problem with Connection between my gopro session 5 and phone - Huawei p9 lite 2017 with Android emui 5.0, version PRA-LX1C432B162. Version of GoPro app od 4.01. i've tried to remove the GoPro from bluetooth, wifi, i tried to reset wifi on GoPro, factory reset, reinstalling app and turn Bluetooth, wifi Android localisation information at the same time. I was talking with christine from your support website, but chat ended. We finish at reset wifi Connection on GoPro. What can i do now? I want to add, that im in new location, before, when i was im Bangkok(90 km from here) i also had problems with pairing, but i solved it by switching on Bluetooth, localisation and wifi at the same time.