Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

how to upload video edits to cloud

[ New ]

Hi, with new mobile apps there is not a very transparent situation with uploading these to Cloud. There is no info-icon (clock, cloud,...) and I do not know the exact process of how to upload them. Even when I add this edited video to Mural - there is no automatic upload to the cloud.

Can somebody describe the process?

Thanks!

Sightseer

Re: how to upload video edits to cloud

[ New ]

Has this been answered?  I'm having the same problem.  I created two edits.  Saved both to my device.  One saved to the cloud, the other does not.  How do I push an edit file to the cloud?

Tourist

[ New ]
Unfortunately, it was not answered yet :/
GoPro

[ New ]

@vitalridge81181 @sunnystoke15562 

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Once the [non-uploaded] files are in App Media, you'll see 3 behaviors:

- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with a tiny watch on the cloud, that means that the media file is queued for upload.

- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with an arrow pointing Up, then that said media file is currently being uploaded to cloud

- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with an exclamation mark, then the upload sequence for that media file errored out, and it'll re-attempt once you access the app again.

- If there is a cloud symbol + a check it means on the thumbnail, then the file was uploaded to cloud.

Disclaimer: it might take some time until the media will appear on cloud tab :)

Take a look at this page for the upload status: https://plus.gopro.com/media-library/upload-status 

The status page will show you what is uploading/processing in the cloud with the source of upload. You also have options to manage those uploads. If your uploads are stuck for a couple of days and from the mobile app, then you should delete them so they can be uploaded by the camera. We have checks in place in the ecosystem to ensure that only one client is uploading a particular video at a time (mobile or camera).

Upload to the Cloud via the mobile app can take a very long time. For example, if you are using your phone for other stuff or if you go in and out of internet service that’s going to delay the upload.
The desktop app is also a slow upload mechanism. 

-> If you want the media up fast or if you have large files and a lot of them , it’s best to use camera as a hub, that is that the camera uploads to the Cloud directly > plug in the camera overnight so it will upload while you sleep with no interruptions.

See this article here > https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Auto-upload-your-footage-to-the-cloud-with-GoPro-PLUS/ta-p/388304

Other things you can do:

- Browse through the cloud Media Library and check if the contents are just dated incorrectly.

• If the contents aren't showing up on the GoPro App only, sign out from the app and log back in using your GoPro user account that's associated with your PLUS subscription.
  • Restart device 
GoPro

[ New ]
Another thing to note
Edits are not sent to Cloud, if you add a filter or change color, you will not see this edit in the Cloud, only the RAW file is sent.
For Stories: you have to first do SAVE TO PHONE, once this is done, the video will also upload to your GoPro Cloud. Story edits are not sent to Cloud unless you save them to phone first.

Upload to Cloud can take some time.
Sightseer

[ New ]

so GoPro created an additional app, Mural, but did not make it so that it would work with the GoPro cloud, and have also failed to make an updated desktop interface to edit videos. Sounds like your development team needs to be scrapped. you guys are actively going backwards.

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

We are working to integrate the feature of having Mural / Edits backed up in the Cloud as well. It's a heavy backend work so it won't happened overnight but we do want to bring that feature to our users.
Sightseer

[ New ]

So if I create an "edit", using real music and not the corny music you guys provide, and I just want to upload it to my cloud that I pay you for-- you're saying that I can't do that? So now it only exists on my phone, taking up precious memory, and I can't even share it privately with the friend who was there?  

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi,

You can make your Story, then save it to app, then save it to phone. Once the Story has been saved to phone it will automatically be backed up to your Cloud, from there - your web browser https://plus.gopro.com/media-library - you can create a GoPro Cloud link to share it.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Ok that's great, exactly what I expected when I bought all this stuff.

What is a "story?" is that the same thing as an "Edit" in Quik? 

I don't see any way to save an Edit anywhere. App, phone, cloud, etc. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alertjump8208,

While you're editing a "save" button is available in the upper right corner of the screen on the GoPro Quik app.

Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]
A Story is a multi-clip edit, you use several media (photos/vides) to make it, with music, a video style, filter etc...
Save it, it will save it to your app, then export to your phone for it to be uploaded to your GoPro Cloud.