Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

how to update my camera

[ Edited ]

good day

i have recently purchased a gopro MAX, used to have a hero 8. i uninstalled and reinstalled the gopro app on my mobile device. 

when trying to connect my new gopro on the mobile app, it says connection successfull then it says that i have a camera update to do, then when i try to do the camera update, the app tries to find my gopro to update but then a message pops up saying "no devices found. Make sure devices are turned on and available to connect" 

my laptop is finding the gopro in the wifi devices available but my mobile device does not. 

my wifi settings on my gopro are on and my mobile device is connected to wifi, so i do not understand why the device is not being found. please advise on what i should do. 

thank you so much for your time. you can contact me at ***@hotmail.co.za or +***

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: how to update my camera

Hi @tsokolosh

It will be best to proceed with a manual update. See https://gopro.com/en/us/update/max

Once done, try pairing the camera again.

Should it still be the same, try manually connecting to the camera's WiFi network.  Send the app to the background and manually connect to the camera from your phone’s WiFi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then tapping the Info button on the camera.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej