Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

how to change settings on gopro 4 session without smart phone

[ New ]

GoPro

Re: how to change settings on gopro 4 session without smart phone

[ New ]

Hello, @deftshore1118. You can use the Mode (back) and the Shutter buttons. The Mode button allows you to access the Menu/Settings while the Shutter button confirms you selection. 

Tourist

[ New ]

all that will let me change is the fov and resolution.  the camera i have was given to me and is set for a very sunny day so all my recordings are coming out very dark. i need to up the exposier gain or something. tried to do it in editing program but that just ruins my video quality. i dont have a smart phone or tablet.  tried to use my friends phone but the blututh pin no the camera gives dont work when entered and i dont know the wifi password that was used when the camera was set up originaly. why in the world would gopro make an expensive camera and not let you change settings right on the camera. lots of people cant afford smart phones.

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about that, @deftshore1118. In order to change the advanced settings, the camera has to be connected to the GoPro App. 

You can reset the Wi-Fi name and password for the camera. To do this, press and hold the back button until the option to reset Wi-Fi appears. Once done, re-pair your camera.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

i cant conect to the gopro app. the blututh pin dosent work. says its not right and does not reconise my camera. i reset the password on the camera but still cant conect with the gopro app . it wants the pasword every time and i dont know it. reseting it on the camera does nothing to help.  i guess im stuck with a gopro that can only be used on a very bright & sunny day. my $10.00 SQ12 camera takes as good of video as this gopro on a cloudy day. i am so disapointed , never even herd of a camera where you cant change basic settings right on the camera. 

GoPro

[ New ]

@deftshore1118. For further assistance, our Support team can be reached through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .