Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

how to I disable the android qr code connection in the app?

My Samsung Galaxy S10Ephone / Android is f'n with me, won't let me enter a wifi pw, prompts me with a qr code on the phone I'm trying to use to scan with a "secondary device" so it can connect! WTF? It's totally f'n retarded! first, I don't carry two phones, second, I want to use the initial device (my phone) and third, when I screen cap and send to a laptop, ride back home and scan it, it still won't f'n connect! I sent the fusion back because of it, then discovered it with both the Olympus Air (only functions wifi to smart device) and my GP4 session... if I try it with the GH3 lumix link I get the same! TO HELL WITH THE QR CODE ALLOW ME TO ACCESS AND INPUT THE **bleep** PW!!! I need to corner a rep at a samsung booth and crack some skulls, (I'm comfortable with violence). Total BS, now I'm locked into this $700+ Android phone and the current iphone is $1000! This limits all my cameras functionality in a major way! Yet another reason to buy iPhones! 
Whomever came up with this qr and secondary device requires a smack.

69085246_482324378995141_8588699131772403712_n.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: how to I disable the android qr code connection in the app?

Hi @kb1jki,

Thanks for reaching out. This is strange. The GoPro App doesn't use QR code for connection with any GoPro camera. You can pair the camera with your mobile device using the steps here: Pair Your Camera with the GoPro App

If you need to pair your GoPro camera with another device, you'll have to go through the same pairing process.

Kind Regards,
Ann

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Yeah, it seems that after an Android update, my other gopro, my olympus air, and several other cameras that use wifi apps are now useless. I may have to address either samsung or android for rendering my expensive phone and all of my cameras with no connectivity which is effecting my workflow and function which was the premise of having a smartphone in the first place as well as owning all of these cameras. Faulty microsoft updates caused work computers to stop functioning and lost a company considerable business. I plan on going to the AT&T store with a gopro for them to demonstrate how to make this stop and post it to youtube where I can reference it here. Unfortunately, I won't be able to control the camera with the phone, but I'll edit it in post. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the update, @kb1jki. We would love to know how it goes with Samsung or your phone provider after troubleshooting with them. Hope to hear back from you!