Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

hero7 turns on all by itself touchscreen not working

Hero 7  black turns on by itself touch screen fails and the unit gets extremely hot....not able to shoot video or photos. I attempted a factory reset to no avail Got this screen 

gp7.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: hero7 turns on all by itself touchscreen not working

Hello, @williemon. How long have you had the camera? Is this a recent happening? The camera not working consistently could be an indication of an issue with the firmware or the SD card used. Has your camera been updated to the latest firmware? Which SD card are you using? The information on the brand, type, and capacity will be helpful. 

It is not unusual for the camera to warm up while charging or when in use, but it should not be too hot to touch. 

Which resolution settings were you using in the camera? For cameras that feature unique high-performance video modes: 2.7K and higher resolutions, and/or frame rates above 60fps, it is normal for the camera to become warm and use more power when using these modes. These tips will help improve camera performance. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I have had the camera for a ltlle more than a year. . I tried fatory reset and software update as well..  Battery gets real hot ..not normal, i cant use any functions.  I usethe unit exclusively in salt water.  Now, the  usb port door popped off

I am using a San Disk Ultra 64gb sd card .  

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the response, @williemon. An Ultra card is not recommended for GoPro cameras. Using a non-compatible card will cause the camera to use more power to communicate with the camera creating more heat in the process. It would be best to use one of the recommended cards on this list