Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

hero4 session’s wifi won’t turn on

[ New ]
So I have the hero 4 session and it was working fine the other day and i went to turn on the wifi so i could go into the app to look at my pictures/videos but the wifi wouldn’t turn on, so i reset the wifi and now “app” shows up on my camera screen and i go to click it so i can pair my camera with the app on my phone but all that happens when i push “app” on the camera is that it makes a beep and eventually turns off.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: hero4 session’s wifi won’t turn on

[ New ]

Hi @loyalshore53210

If the Wi-Fi has been reset on the camera, you need to proceed with the pairing process again.

Please refer to these steps:

1. Open the GoPro App:
    • From the home page, tap the icon in the top left corner.
    • Tap on "Add A Camera" (iOS), "Camera" (Android)
    • Tap "HERO4 Session.”
  2. Pick up your camera:
    • Press the "Info/Wireless" button to turn on the display.
    • Press the "Info/Wireless" button again to cycle to APP, then press the "Shutter/Select" button to select it.
  3. On the device, complete these steps:
    • Tap "Continue."
    • Enter the PIN displayed on your camera status screen, then tap "Pair."
    • Create a new camera name and password, then tap "Continue."
    • For iOS users: Go to Settings > Wi-Fi on your phone and select your camera name, enter the password, then return to the app. You will see a blue dot next to the camera name indicated that it is connected.
    • Tap your camera name to connect to the camera’s Wi-Fi network and you are all set.

Please note that you may need to forget the Bluetooth ID and the WiFi name if it's not pairing.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @loyalshore53210

If the Wi-Fi has been reset on the camera, you need to proceed with the pairing process again.

Please refer to these steps:

1. Open the GoPro App:
    • From the home page, tap the icon in the top left corner.
    • Tap on "Add A Camera" (iOS), "Camera" (Android)
    • Tap "HERO4 Session.”
  2. Pick up your camera:
    • Press the "Info/Wireless" button to turn on the display.
    • Press the "Info/Wireless" button again to cycle to APP, then press the "Shutter/Select" button to select it.
  3. On the device, complete these steps:
    • Tap "Continue."
    • Enter the PIN displayed on your camera status screen, then tap "Pair."
    • Create a new camera name and password, then tap "Continue."
    • For iOS users: Go to Settings > Wi-Fi on your phone and select your camera name, enter the password, then return to the app. You will see a blue dot next to the camera name indicated that it is connected.
    • Tap your camera name to connect to the camera’s Wi-Fi network and you are all set.

Please note that you may need to forget the Bluetooth ID and the WiFi name if it's not pairing.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
I can’t continue with the pairing process because “info/wireless” does not appear.The only thing that appears is “app” and “rc” and anytime i try to click those, nothing happens.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @loyalshore53210

"Info/wireless" is the rectangular physical button on your camera.

Use the same button to navigate through the options on your camera. Use the shutter button (round button with a red circle) to confirm selection.

If it's still not pairing, contact our Support Team for further assistance. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej