Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

hero 9 wired uploads

[ New ]

Hi I have just watched a video on the hero 10 and one of the cool features is the ability to be able to upload footage from the device to phone ( or App) via cable, also mentioned on this you tube vid is that there is an update which will allow the hero 9 ( which I have) to be able to do the same. When is this update available ( I am in New Zealand if that makes a difference)?

Tourist

Re: hero 9 wired uploads

[ New ]

to Bump....I also want to know this question. I tried using the cable to transfer videos directly from gopro to my phone. Clicking on view media does not do anothing

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

@coolwave6866 @discoloco

Here some info about USB Cable Offload

Android:
Type C cable to Type C

iOS:
Apple cable lightning to USB C won't work, you will need an OTG cable adapter from Lightning to USB 2.0.
Connection being Lightning > Usb 2.0 > GoPro camera [USB Type C]
You need this: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD821AM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter

Find all info about Cable offload here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Quik-Wired-Camera-Connection/ta-p/1254755

Note that currently there's an issue with Android, on some cases via USB connection, it says No Media Yet - this issue is being dealt with.
Tourist

[ New ]
Still having issues with wired transfer on Android. It does not recognize the usb connected on the qwik app.. And yes it's MTP on gopro, the qwik just doesn't recognize the gopro when it's connected. Any fixes on this yet? I'm getting a little frustrated with this.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @discoloco. To further isolate the issue, which camera model do you have? Also, do you have the latest version of the Quik app installed? 

Tourist

[ New ]
GoPro 9. And yes everything is up to date..I even Uninstaller and reinstalled. I am using Samsung note 20+
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,
I've had users having similar issues and they fixed it by changing the cable, maybe that's something you could try?
Tourist

[ New ]
I'll try that. thank you.
Tourist

[ New ]

Nope bought a new cable. And I am stil haveing the same issue "We had trouble connecting with your Go Pro" I really want to love go pro but this is so fustrating. Pleaes help. Again using Samsung Note 20 plus , I uninstall the app and all firmware are updated. What else is the problem?

Tourist

[ New ]
Ok I tried using my wife samsung S21+ and it recognized the cable sometimes and when it did it says media not available. I'm starting to give up.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi guys,

So I have tried the wired uploads several times now wiith both my oppo X3 and Lenovo tablet with different results on both, the phone does not see the Gopro at all whilst the Lenovo tablet see's the gopro " as in connected by USB' is on the screen below the Hero 9 picture but when you try and see the images on the 9 they are blank and won't play.

Tourist

[ New ]
so it seems like this is not fixed. Can you guys confirm this?
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Sorry for the trouble, I'll try to know more on this matter.
GoPro

[ New ]

@coolwave6866 @discoloco 

So I know that we have some open tickets with issues on USB wired transfer, some of them are set to be fixed in the next udpate 10.4. However it's not necesseraly the specific issues that you are encountering on your end / with your particular devices and settings. There are many variables as you can guess…. even cable manufacturer could be an issue. The team is investigating.
One thing that the team brought to my attention is this: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-set-the-default-usb-behavior-in-android-10/

Can you have a look? 

Tourist

[ New ]
No still doesn't work. I get the "No media" message if im even lucky to have it recognize the wired connection. :(
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @haindash I have unlocked or changed the USB confirgration as per your link ( thanks for that extremely interesting) this unfortunately made no difference to Both phone which still doesn't even detect the GoPro. Now using the same cable on my Lenovo tablet it see's the GoPro straight away but the images/videos remain blank, I originally thought this could be due to the high resolution of the videos so i attempted to download them if just sits on 'waiting to download'. Now when I connect via WiFi it downloads immediately on both phone and tablet. 

GoPro

[ New ]
@discoloco @coolwave6866
Sorry for the frustration and thank you for checking the link, sorry it didn't help.
We have several issues open on the matter of USB which will be fixed in coming updates 10.4 and 10.5, the team is aware of your issues.
If the WiFi transfers is working well for you, maybe it would be best to use this method for now until we have fixes for USB issues.
Very sorry about that.