Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

hero 5 session not connecting to app

I just purchased a used Hero 5 Session camera and I am trying to connect it to the GoPro Android app on my phone. I have followed the instructions as given as well as done a factory reset and communications reset. It will pair via Bluetooth easily and I have had it paired via WiFi as well. The app will identify my camera and indicate that it has found the camera but will not connect afterwards.

I have tried nearly every connection and troubleshooting procedure that I can find online but I am getting nowhere with this. I hope someone here has a solution. Thanks in advance for any helpl

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: hero 5 session not connecting to app

Hello @graywwoulf

What error message are you getting on the app?

Please try the steps on https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964

Can you also help us with the following information: Camera version, GoPro App version, phone and OS version.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: hero 5 session not connecting to app

I was getting connection error messages a lot at first but I finaly got it figured out and working. Just the usual wifi connection issues I would have with just about any device. Seems that there is always a certain sequence in connecting just about anything.

Thanks for your reply and offer of assistance! 👍