Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

gopro hero +

I have a question,

i can't connect my camera to my phone and i even tried resetting multiple times.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: gopro hero +

Good to know that, @thomas93. We recommend doing a manual update on your camera. The steps below will guide you. 

1. Go to the HERO+ LCD update page or HERO+ update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Make sure that your camera battery is fully charged prior to the update. Also, use a formatted and recommended SD card. Do not forget to save all your files from the SDd card first as formatting will erase them all. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @thomas93. Are you getting any error message on the app? Make sure that your camera is updated to the latest firmware, that your phone is updated to the latest OS version and that you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed as well. After the updates, restart your phone, clear cache (cache only, not data) on the app settings if accessible, and try pairing with the camera again. Connectivity should be working this time. 

If the issue persists, reset Wi-Fi connection by forgetting GoPro first from the list of Wi-Fi networks on your phone settings and deleting it from the list of Bluetooth devices. Also, remove the camera from the list on the GoPro App. Reset camera to factory settings, then re-pair. 

There are more device-specific troubleshooting steps here for you to try.  Let us know how it goes. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hey man thanks alot for your help, i managed to get my gopro connected to my ipad! But i dont know how i can update the system on the gopro itself?
Highlighted
GoPro

Good to know that, @thomas93. We recommend doing a manual update on your camera. The steps below will guide you. 

1. Go to the HERO+ LCD update page or HERO+ update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Make sure that your camera battery is fully charged prior to the update. Also, use a formatted and recommended SD card. Do not forget to save all your files from the SDd card first as formatting will erase them all.