Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

gopro app not appearing in apple watch

Hi,

I am using gopro hero 7, iPhone 7 with iOS 12.1.1 and apple watch 3 (38mm) and cannot get the app to appear on my apple watch. I've watched an evenings worth of tutorials and instructions but still not working. Any help is appreciated as I bought the watch specifically to use as a remote. The app works fine on my iphone. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: gopro app not appearing in apple watch

Hello @wendyjr

Apologies for the inconvenience. The Apple Watch no longer supports the GoPro App since the latter's latest update to version 5.1. At this time, there is no information when the support will be back, or if it will be back. 

Best regards, 

Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @wendyjr

Apologies for the inconvenience. The Apple Watch no longer supports the GoPro App since the latter's latest update to version 5.1. At this time, there is no information when the support will be back, or if it will be back. 

Best regards, 

Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Are you sure it's due to gopro not wanting to follow apples requirement to develop per the latest watch os?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Ive just found out this problem myself today. Have a Hero 7 that I mount on the end of my Paddle board. Voice control just does not work half the time especially when its a bit choppy or  just windy, it is 6ft in front of me and close to the water so I am not too surprised. On your website it distinctly shows the GoPro being controlled by an Apple Watch. As I had been wavering about getting a watch for some time this video swayed me into purchasing one. Annoyed about it I am especially as this thread seems to be the only reference to it I can find.

Why the video still, why not a warning?

GoPro is misleading people in this instance with false advertising and I feel aggrieved and out of pocket.

To rub salt in my wounds I then purchased a third party App through the Apple Watch App store which promised the same functionality as yourself only to find it too does'nt appear in my installable Watch Apps.

If its a licencing issue please sort it out GoPro.

An unhappy Punter