Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

gopro app doesnt work with android 10

[ New ]

hello guys , I have an issue with the gopro app . I was using a moto g5 plus , with android 8 I've been editing the videos in the phone , but it would take like almost an hr to just trim it since it's an old phone. But it worked fine , and after editing the videos I was able to save them to the phone

So now I got a galaxy note 9 , it copies the videos so fast butttttt , the stupid app doesn't work , if I edit a video and try to save it to my phone , it won't do it, it only says saving .. and doesn'tdo anything. So the app is useless . I guess it's an issue with android 10 . I uninstalled it and reinstall it and nothing . I've looking in forums and I can't find any solution , So any help would be appreciated , thnx in advanced

By the way I'm using a gopro 8

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: gopro app doesnt work with android 10

[ New ]

@erickhelena 

Either tap on one video to open it then tap on the blue arrow on top right corner to save to phone

or

in the Media App tab, tap on the ... top right corner to select multiple elements (select item) and again tap on the blue arrown top right corner to save to phone.

Once your video are saved to phone you can delete them from your app if you want to.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @erickhelena

We have recently released an update for the GoPro App on Android.

Please make sure to restart your phone before pairing it with the camera again.

Let us know if this sorts out the issue.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Nop ,restarted the phone , deleted the files and imported them again and still gets stuck in 0% . But it's only if modified the files, if I import them and save them to the phone , I have no issues. I tried with a hero 7 black and it does the same ....
Screenshot_20200311-114110_GoPro.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @erickhelena

Following updates, it is recommended to restart the phone before pairing again.

What version are your cameras on?

Would you be able to test this on a different phone?

Does the same happen if you do an edit with just photos in it?

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

man , in the original post I mentioned I have an old phone moto g5 plus with android 8 and it works fine 

But snce I've been using my note 9 with android 10 doesn't work 

and I also mentioned I have a gopro 7 and 8 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @erickhelena

Please reach out to our Support Team to have this checked further.

You can submit a request for a callback through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, or initiate a chat conversation with one of our representatives.

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]

@erickhelena 

Just so you know the app has been updated to 6.9, it has lots of bug/crash fixes as well as new World Lock option.

I recommend you try with the updated version. Do restart your phone.

Hiker

[ New ]
Still doing the same , I'm including some info about the android version
Screenshot_20200331-185001_Settings.jpg
Hiker

Re: gopro app doesnt work with a

[ New ]
I was thinking, the videos are there , in the app , it's just I can't save them to the phone I tried fo look for them in the folders and I couldn't find them , is it possible to get them out ? As for right now im using youcut app ....
Screenshot_20200331-184920_GoPro.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]
Is there any way to take the videos out from the app ? I tried to look for them and i couldn't find them. But i know they are there as they use space on the phone , or are they kind of encripted ? As for right now I'm using youcut
Screenshot_20200331-184920_GoPro.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

@erickhelena 

Either tap on one video to open it then tap on the blue arrow on top right corner to save to phone

or

in the Media App tab, tap on the ... top right corner to select multiple elements (select item) and again tap on the blue arrown top right corner to save to phone.

Once your video are saved to phone you can delete them from your app if you want to.

Hiker

[ New ]
Well that's the whole discussion , it doesn't work in my phone , i don't know if you read the first questions
Hiker

[ New ]
I was able to do it in my old phone , but not in this , please refer to the first posts
GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry about that @erickhelena I did read the first post, I thought that situation may have evolved with the udpate of the app > 6.9.1

Android 10 does work with GoPro App. I'm not sure what the issue for you is. I'll check with QA is they can reproduce your issue.

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Sorry but we tried to replicate the issue today with QA but didn't manage. The export is going smoothly even with Android 10 phone, not sure what's going on with your phone.
Things to try are always: delete and install again, restart phone, try with a brand new file.
I wish I could tell you something different but when we can't reproduce the problem in-house we can't identify the cause.
GoPro

[ New ]

@erickhelena. Will you be able to send us a screen recording of the workflow that you follow when editing and saving your edits in the GoPro App? You may upload the video to YouTube or Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here. Many thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]

thank you so much for your help you guys , i really love the app , i never had an issue with it , i own a gopro 5, 7 and 8 , and i was so happy i was getting a better phone 

I am charging the battery , Ill erase the sd card , erase the app , make a new video and see what happens , right now I am posting a video of what the app is doing now , Do u want to give a like to my other videos :D 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCPdcqK0D10

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for sharing @erickhelena

Feel free to let us know how it goes after the troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
thank you guys !!!!
Hiker

[ New ]

ok, so deleted the app from the phone , i also formatted the sd card , made a new connection and still doing the same  ... I even thought about do a downgrade to another android version , but man ... i dont want to set it up again 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPEvEsfltR0

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Hiker

[ New ]

same video , editated with youcut , it works smoothly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhnbmUtzAdY

Hiker

[ New ]
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for sharing.

To double-check, are you already on the 6.9.1 version?

Have you also tested the same files on your older phone?

Can you also try editing a video taken using your phone's camera?

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]

@erickhelena 

So our great QA team has been investigating your issue and some crash / bugs have been reported for our Dev team to check. Hopefully some fixes will come out of it, either in 6.10 or most likely in 6.11.

If you're interested I can give you access to the beta (to access a new version before it's on the store)

To beta test GoPro App you will have to fill out a NDA first. Here: https://goprorc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3dRVirHRT9IfmBf
I'll add you to our testers' list when it's done.
Beta process:
- Android: Open this url on your phone and follow instructions to access the beta: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.gopro.smarty
To share feedback and for follow up 
- ANDROID GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/goproapp.android.beta
t's a place where beta users share their feedback / ideas / bug reports / videos / questions etc...
We can then do the follow up on the Facebook group and per Messenger, it's best for me to help users that way.

Hiker

[ New ]

that'd be awessome !!!